Sct New Tuning Tool From Capa - Xcal 2

tupperware

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 9d

Ben,

True, true, true.... but probably more than the XCAL 2.

But, you are a DIY guy, about 2% of the market. YOU take responsibility if you fiddle and have problems, unlike many people.

From memory there were cam timing changes that happen, when you use an interceptor, that you cannot control, that will not allow you to maximise power, so whilst the XEDE has advantages for you in the way you use it, it is not an optimum solution.

I still have my XEDE, plus software. Are you telling me it's only worth $100.

It might go up in value.

Brian

You raise a valid point..

On the cam phasing, you might be onto something.. Just wondering if this was on a factory PCM, or an edited PCM though?? Would it make a difference?

I may have hit a wall, time will tell.. If I have, it looks like it's time for an EBC, with 3 specific tunes in the edit to suit....

And yeah, $100 is about right :sick:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok. Here's a functionality question.

CAPA/SCT, when the *beep* are we going to see support for the ZF 6-speeds? With over 80% of the BF Turbo's being auto's, it's about time support is offered.

Frankly, until the ZF support is released for the SCT V2.9 and V3.0 software, I really doubt the ability of CAPA/SCT to support any other product they release  :sick:

CAPA don't 'HAVE' to support the ZF??

If they 'Choose to', it's a benefit for the ZF guys, isn't it??

Why don't you fly to Germany and hook up with Franz and go through your issues with him, I'm sure he'll be sympathetic.. Just make sure you stop in on the U S of A and talk to SCT to get things sorted for you on that side, then sell them.. 2 weeks should cover it??

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 20d
Ok. Here's a functionality question.

CAPA/SCT, when the *beep* are we going to see support for the ZF 6-speeds? With over 80% of the BF Turbo's being auto's, it's about time support is offered.

Frankly, until the ZF support is released for the SCT V2.9 and V3.0 software, I really doubt the ability of CAPA/SCT to support any other product they release  :sick:

CAPA don't 'HAVE' to support the ZF??

If they 'Choose to', it's a benefit for the ZF guys, isn't it??

Why don't you fly to Germany and hook up with Franz and go through your issues with him, I'm sure he'll be sympathetic.. Just make sure you stop in on the U S of A and talk to SCT to get things sorted for you on that side, then sell them.. 2 weeks should cover it??

On the contrary brother - yes they do.

On the contrary brother - yes they do.

Why, prey tell??

Do the 'Have' to support Orion when it comes out, if the new PCM is different to BA/BF??

In short, if they want to make money, yes, but for no other reason.. I see no common 'law' they are abiding to..

• Team Bute
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d

reading here that quite a few question the necessity for fiddling with a tune....

I for one, believe that if the tune is set up properly, it should NOT need any more fiddling.

The reality is, you will NOT optimise a road/race tune in one go with the edit.

Tuning can be spot on for max power and afr's and good torque etc etc etc, but when you put the car on the road or on the drag strip or on a circuit, in the real world, load factors change.

This is where the ability to fine tune some parameters is a good thing.

It is especially good if you have the data logging capability, AND (it's a very big AND) you can interpret the data to make knowledgable changes.

I have had my tune touched up several times to eliminate some minor issues.

Mainly to do with the road tunes to ensure coping with additional load in the rear (ute) or with varying fuel quality from state to state.

Each time necessitated a trip to the tuner. I guess I could see an advantage that with the ability to make slight reductions in timing advance, or reducing boost or adding fuel it would allow me to get the best performance under my driving situation at the time.

Whilst that sounds like a good thing, how many of us want to be playing around with incremental changes to our tunes every time we fill up with fuel, or add a pallet of tomatoes in th etray, or tow the ski boat?

In my situation I have detuned slightly to get reliability under my worst case scenario. It has meant a slight drop in performance, but gives me peace of mind.

I am happy.

I'll make one more point about fiddling with tunes....

The major problem will be those guys that have their tunes optimised for power, and then push for that little bit more with fiddling due to their belief that the cooler conditions, or the dose of C16 they dropped in the tank, or simply the fact that their mate only just pipped them by 0.01 seconds at the track.

With your helmet on, you CAN NOT HEAR any of the tell tale sounds of pinging.

Sure, you can check the logger..... after you finish the run and note the lumpy idle!

tom

I'll make one more point about fiddling with tunes....

The major problem will be those guys that have their tunes optimised for power, and then push for that little bit more with fiddling due to their belief that the cooler conditions, or the dose of C16 they dropped in the tank, or simply the fact that their mate only just pipped them by 0.01 seconds at the track.

With your helmet on, you CAN NOT HEAR any of the tell tale sounds of pinging.

These kind to valid points lead to only one product Live Wire, tune as you go, see the results feed back in real time, with room to flash custom tunes in and out as well as store your own tunes. Sounds almost to good to be true. Can you tell I been talk'en with SCT.

More later.

Ask about the edit software for ZF 6 speed if and when will it happen?

Ask them to post their user manual for the xcal2?

When will we see Live Wire for an Aunstralian Falcon?

Good questions so far, I'd ask how many SCT workers are cross dresses but Cro's not posting here so I'll leave him to do his own dirty work :spoton: ha ha ha.

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 14d

I spoke to SCT at SEMA today and asked a few questions. Unfortunately, I didn's ask about the ZF.

They said the Livewire will hopefully be released by December, the only reason they've exposed it to the public so early was due to speculation the product didn't exist. Basicy, prove it aint bullsh*t.

The other interesting point made by one of the SCT boys was that the time it takes to 'flash a tune into the car is a restriction on the PCM's side, not the tuner tool. So, the lovely 4 minute wait will still exist.

And just to clarify, you cannot live tune with livewire.

You can only tinker with the preloaded tunes, and then only limited parameters.

And you CANNOT touch custom tunes, unless your tuner allows you. lol, like that's gunna happen.

Rob