Sct New Tuning Tool From Capa - Xcal 2

tupperware

• Member For: 18y 10m 17d

Let me say that the flash tuner does have retail and dealer pricing structure like all goods but we are talking about normally style % mark ups. So a retail price reduction then needs a wholesale reduction so you can quickly run out scope with an item in this price bracket.

No I do not use the cheapest tows around and I absolutely do not trust a towie that does not have insurance just like your engine I am not prepared to sacrifice a 50 k car to save 100 bucks on a tow, I practice what I preach and most of the people who see what I do would agree. I have long believe if you cannot afford to do it properly don’t do it at all. We have a saying at Nizpro NO MARGINAL DECISIONS Using this jobs do become more expensive but the failure rate become close to zero. End result job is actually cheaper.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 19y 4d
Let me say that the flash tuner does have retail and dealer pricing structure like all goods but we are talking about normally style % mark ups. So a retail price reduction then needs a wholesale reduction so you can quickly run out scope with an item in this price bracket.

I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest, but I would say that it would be safe to assume that the wholesale price would be at a level curently that could more than accomodate a price reduction in the retail price. If it was a year and a half ago when most had absolutely no idea of the US price you could say this, but to assume now that people are still stupid enough to believe that if I bought 1 in the US for around AU$600 then I would not most likely get 10,000 for a small fraction of that price is just ignorant on the part of the distributor. It plays on the whole monopolizing of the market that is happeneing at current, I'm all for making some coin but there needs to be a realistic aproach when pricing items that are near to there 'end of shelf life'.

Also I am glad to hear that you don't use 'cheap' towies, but I bet you still complain about pricing LOL :msm:

Edited by XRQTR

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 16d

I can sell you a MoTeC if you like at approx 6.5K. All this over a couple of hundred dollars. I don’t get it.

A few hundred over 1ooo unit's really add's up doesn't it, how many box's have you sold.

I believe Nizpro and others are in business to make money? Good on them I say.

My post a while ago is still relevant, if you (anyone) doesn't like the price, don't bloody well buy one. How simple is that?

I personally see great value in a $1200 spend, others won't - stick with a flash tuner box if you don't or better still, buy a Holden, spend the same to tune it and not get as far and then whinge.

Happy with an Industry super fund? Ignorance is bliss - you get what you pay for.

Geez :msm:

I would much prefer to read on this thread about exactly what this thing WILL be able to do and help with, not bitch about the cost or lack of competition in this space so we can buy them $100 cheaper and get potentially crappier products.

Edited by F6 RAPID

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m
I'm not looking to get into a pissing contest, but I would say that it would be safe to assume that the wholesale price would be at a level curently that could more than accomodate a price reduction in the retail price.

So what are we talking about here ... you want a price reduction less than the cost of 1 tyre, ... the cost of going on the snowies cruise in 2 weeks time will probably cost me more!

For many goods in this country we pay more than the U.S. e.g buy a new BMW 335i for A$53 in the U.S versus A$108k if you buy it here.... now that's worth whinging about.

Brian

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 2d

The price of the edit box has already been reduced a couple of times.

Why does it need to again.

Ian

• Member For: 19y 4d

I personally see great value in a $1200 spend, others won't - stick with a flash tuner box if you don't or better still, buy a Holden, spend the same to tune it and not get as far and then whinge.

With no intention of offending but I would expect yourself and others like you that have payed this price to come across in this way as it does not seem fair to you that anyone should get it cheaper seeing as you payed so much. But then maybe big screen TVs and DVD players should still be thousands of dollars with this kind of reasoning.

The point is that when a product is near its end the price needs to reflect this if you are to offload stock, otherwise people will wait for the next one and leave you, the distributor that is, with boxes and boxes of stock that you then need to price into your new product. So really no one wins do they?

As for wanting to know what they do, of course I and others are waiting for the info, it's simply that some have put there views across and asked about potential pricing, obviously this will get people talking. Especially when one poster tells of how he had a phone hung up on him by the distributor when querying the new product and it's availability, doesn't say much for customer oriented service in my book and I dare say others would agree, whether they post or not.

Edited by XRQTR

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members

I already have a flash tuner box that is instantly redundant the minute Simon (xtreme) loads my tunes into my xcal2.

I accept this as the price you pay for progress AND for functionality that I did not have before. I can sell my flash tuner to someone for probably $500 and I have just paid $700 odd for a great deal of improved functionality.

As I said, good value in my book and I want it NOW not in 2 years when the price will probably fall.

If you want to use Plasma's as an example. I bought a Hitachi 55" plasma about 18 months ago for $8500'ish which at the time was around a $2000 discount to the market. The same Plasma can be bought today just off the shelf for around $6000. Should I have waited? Probably. Did I want to or was I going to? No bloody way - I wanted BIG V8 supercar action straight away.

I am certainly not whinging about my plasma and I potentially paid a lot more than $700 difference for no extra funactionality.

Now, can we PLEASE talk about the functionality???

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members

So, if we want/need to make some slight changes for example to fuelling, will this be done live or will the hand controller change the program and then we re-flash into the car??