Sct New Tuning Tool From Capa - Xcal 2

tupperware

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 20d
Watch the price of the SCT gear for the Australian model cars plummet 50% when another tuning solution becomes available. It can't happen soon enough.

Well said sir, clearly your a scholar and a gentleman. :spit:

My experience says that competition reduces costs. Having dealt with beta testing of LS1 edit, in 2001, I participated in a group purchase of the first release of LS1 Edit unlimited VIN editing software in Australia, costing AUD$12,500. Today this similar product is available for around $5300 :tease:

Somewhere in my workshop I've still got my 4-vin LS1 edit tuning dongle laying around.

Edited by M6 XR6T

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 15d
If editing can be done fast with the new tools, ....

Edit tuning is much much slower than it should be because of the time taken to upload & download the progam/maps between the flash unit and PC.

Tuning is NOT done via a PC directly connected to the flash unit.

It's a case of:

1. set/start mapping parameters on PC

2. download program/map to Flash Unit from PC ... wait for serial transfer to finish

3. dyno run

4. analyse the dyno results

5. upload from Flash Unit to PC ... wait for serial transfer to finish

back to 1 and repeat until required results achieved.

It is an archaic process that adds to the time and cost.

Brian

Ah, you poor guys with Fords have never seen Dick's real time tuner in action. Being able to tune the car as you drive it via the laptop, change any setting and test it out in the real world is something to behold. Unfortunately Dick's a Expensive Daewoo only man. His next project is real time for LS2. I asked him to switch over since I was getting an F6, but alas no go.

how long until we get live wire?

in Australia we are so behind, it makes me cry!

Dry your eyes, tuning in this country with the LIVE WIRE may start as soon as late next week.........

I'd post the cool results here but I fear that the moderators well only delete my posts and waste my time, sorry not my fault. :stirthepot:

Before you ask it'll be used to tune a Ford but not an Aussie build, heres a clue (GT Shelby), should learn a lot about this product and what a amazing car to learn off. :stirthepot:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 13d
Ah, you poor guys with Fords have never seen Dick's real time tuner in action. Being able to tune the car as you drive it via the laptop, change any setting and test it out in the real world is something to behold. Unfortunately Dick's a Expensive Daewoo only man. His next project is real time for LS2. I asked him to switch over since I was getting an F6, but alas no go.

Its never gonna happen on the Ford pcm.. Dicks RT is a eprom emulator.. requires the pcm to have a eprom..

The blackoak has half its data stored internally in the mpc, and half in a external flash. The Spanish oak (BF's), the data is stored entirely in the mpc. no chance of a eprom emulator here.

Ford VCM? 2 week?.. can't wait..

D.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 6d

Its never gonna happen on the Ford pcm.. Dicks RT is a eprom emulator.. requires the pcm to have a eprom..

The blackoak has half its data stored internally in the mpc, and half in a external flash. The Spanish oak (BF's), the data is stored entirely in the mpc. no chance of a eprom emulator here.

Ford VCM? 2 week?.. can't wait..

D.

yeah I had a hunch

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

Anyone spoken to any tuners about xcal2 etc? I'd be keen to hear what they have to say (remembering no ones going to bag it).

Curious whether they'll be in for the mailing of 'tune updates' via email for upload to ones xcal2 via USB. Only prob I can think of is that a dishonest customer could 'pass it around' if it's not protected somehow.

Now that I've calmed down about the pricing, with the datalogging feature and software etc, if I could offload my standard edit box, I might be in for an xcal2.

Just need to be sure tuners are prepped and ready to receive?

• Member For: 19y 3m 11d

I think that the live wire is going to be a great thing in the gt with one thing that you have left out... NOS...

Going to be interesting.

It is a shame that capa is slowing down the tec for the ozie cars though I am sure you will see the gains from the gt.

gk

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 16d

I don't think I will be sharing my 400+rwkw tune with anyone. Imagine putting that into a standard T and wondering how long the engine will last with no fuel................... :)