Sct New Tuning Tool From Capa - Xcal 2

tupperware

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK no point to calling CAPA about the Live Wire product, the guy I just talked to have never seen it and no nothing about it, not to menton didn't want to know about it.

Sad cos it look the goods and would be a top option in FPV vehicles for Orian.

I got to take care now cos the Rums are kicking in, what kind of relationship has CAPA got with SCT when CAPA's got no idea what the Live Wire is?

If you take a look at the Live Wire Forum SCT are holding most of the cards very tightly and I can see how SCT don't want to be bothered talking to Tuners in the US yet about the product but CAPAs SCT face in Australia not just a small player.

And when I think over the call to CAPA regarding Live Wire, thanks to Justin for hanging up the phone on me mate, you may not know anything about Live Wire but that's not my F'N problem its yours and CAPA's.

Enjoy the release of a second rate product cos from what I can tell the Live Wire is the future.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 29d

I understand it like so...

1) The data logger is for people who already have an exisiting flash box.

2) XCAL2 is for new customers and the unit is both the flash device and the data logger.

3) The SF device is the same as XCAL2 but it comes loaded with the generic tunes, whereas XCAL2 is blank ready for custom tuning.

How many hours worth of R&D do you think went into creating the Ford Aus system?

That money needs to be recovered some how.

The price is the price. If you don't like it. Don't buy it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d

I wonder how the Ford VCM suite is coming (if at all). You know that they can do LS1 realtime tuning now with v2.1.12...

And oh, looky here, VCM Suite "Home Tuner" GM Std (up to 4 VIN numbers, or 1 x VIN + 1 Model Year): $955

Yeah, we're getting TOPS value from CAPA

:idunno:

Ford VCM suite

two weeks :laughing:

Edited by SavageD

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m
I can't believe the bitchin' that goes on about prices amongst you young'uns!

If a vendor can not make any money from investing in research and development of a product, then there will be NO product.

When the XR6 turbo was released, there was NO way to get around the locked FORD computer.  We now have a tool that allows us to modify the code inside the ford computer to provide excellent performance improvements without any undesirable side effects.

Sure the SCT devices sell in the US at a lower price...

BUT THEY ARE NOT COMPATABLE WITH THE AUSTRALIAN FORD ENGINE CODES !

Someone has to modify them to be compataible.....

CAPA HAS put in the hard yards (time), and money, to make it happen.

A

tom

NOS , I think the rums did kick in!

Reread tom's post, it's a very good comment.

In the future, there may be products from other vendors, and lower prices with competition.

For now CAPA has the best available product for us.

Brian

• Member For: 20y 3m 15d
I understand it like so...

1) The data logger is for people who already have an exisiting flash box.

2) XCAL2 is for new customers and the unit is both the flash device and the data logger.

3) The SF device is the same as XCAL2 but it comes loaded with the generic tunes, whereas XCAL2 is blank ready for custom tuning.

How many hours worth of R&D do you think went into creating the Ford Aus system?

That money needs to be recovered some how.

The price is the price. If you don't like it. Don't buy it.

Your right on all counts except the SF device has larger memory so it will hold generic tunes for all Falcons regardless of xr6t, F6, XR8 auto or manual.

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 16d

For the absolute majority of people, you will NOT need an xcal2. Get a custom tune and be done with it, simple.

For others, this will be invaluable. I for one can make slight changes on a dyno rather than log info and then physically send my box back over to Perth for Simon to amend. If you do not know what you are doing, I can see endless issues with engines here........................... In which case I stand by my original comment. Get a custom tune and be done.

Price? If you don't like it, don't bloody well buy it :idunno: . How simple is that? Stop whining about the price. IMHO, I think it is reasonable for what it will allow me to do.