Brake\clutch Fluid

youngy

• Member For: 19y 15d

cheers mate. I was thinking it would have to be a dot5.1 at a minimum. Iwas actually thinking of using some super high temp race stuff that I use in my zx10r. has anyone used road bike race fluid in their cars and what results did they get?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 26d
cheers mate. I was thinking it would have to be a dot5.1 at a minimum. Iwas actually thinking of using some super high temp race stuff that i use in my zx10r. has anyone used road bike race fluid in their cars and what results did they get?

The castrol response it dot 5.1. If not ring A1 high performance and see it they have any of the silicone based stuff. I've often wondered it good ol 10wt hydraulic oil would do the trick? Dunno about bike fluid... i thought brake fluid was brake fluid? (except for the dot ratings?)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 14d
cheers mate. I was thinking it would have to be a dot5.1 at a minimum. Iwas actually thinking of using some super high temp race stuff that I use in my zx10r. has anyone used road bike race fluid in their cars and what results did they get?

Competition fluid is great for competition use, but doesn't last as long as a fluid designed for street use. It goes 'off' very quickly due to it absorbing moisture. Nothing wrong with using it, just be prepared to change it frequently.

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 9m 3d

I get Castrol SRT ( think that's what it is ) from F6 Tornado.

retails $120 a litre, and didn't fade on me at Wanneroo.

Is the shizzle.