What Cars Have You Owned

wicksy

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 10m 4d

Fair enough mate - Liberty GT wagon in manual is also a good car (if a little boring).

BF are the best buy for a T at the moment IMO - FG is a better car (but doesn't look as good to my eyes), but not worth the price difference. Trade in you will get shafted - try and sell privately and see how you go :beerchug:

Edited by CBXRT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 23d

I hope you dont have a crook back as the fords are painful for getting kids out of at the shops etc due to the shape of the rear door access. I am a home dad with a 10month old girl now and with my fcked back it is the biggest killer as far as looking after her goes.

Another problem I had was the pram takes up the whole centre space in the boot (plus it weighed a sh!t load!) so for me I bought a maclaren stroller due to the light weight and its ability to fit length ways in the boot (towards the back seats) so takes up no room at all. She was in this since birth and I had no problems but should have seen the responses I got from people as this small baby in a stroller, lol.

Wouldn't give up my xr6t though unless I could get a turbo territory and that costs more money than I have atm!

If I had money then the TT or maybe a clubsport wagon and the ONLY reason for this is my bad back otherwise I would go the xr6t as you wont be disappointed mate :spoton:

• Member For: 13y 2m 27d

All cars have been petrol-engined; no diesels!

Some boring (if 'off-beat' first and second drives:

1994 KIA Pride 1.1 L in White; 1000 miles on it, and a month or two old when I bought it.

1998 KIA Pride 1.3 L in Cobalt Blue; bought new as KIA were selling them off at a discount.

Moving onto something a bit more serious:

2003 MG ZR+105 (1.4 L) in Solar Red; first proper car and only car I have actually had 'built-to-order'. Really fun warm hatch.

Now for the 'big' cars:

2005 MG ZTT 160 (1.8T) in Starlight Silver; bought a a result of MGRover going into admin, and the the adminisrators having a 'firesale'. Rapid and practical estate with good economy.

2007 Peugeot 407 Coupe 3.0 V6 Tiptronic auto in Aluminium with dark red leather seats; bought in 2008 when it was a year old but with only 35 miles on the clock (and at a discount). Very smooth and refined GT. Handling not quite as good as the MG ZTT. Done 19,500 miles in her. Front tyres last about 10,000 miles, reaers just about 18,000 miles. Did think of bringing out to OZ when I move out later this year (assuming visas) - but the Oz Government is rather strict on importing cars! And the cost of cars in Oz - Ouch!! Too used to UK prices!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 19d

My 1st was a mazda rx4 with a injected s4 13b .

next was a s3 mazda rx7 running a T66 , 3 speed auto full [ 4500 rpm convertor] + much much more .

and last is the 09 FG XR6T

post-46156-0-10394900-1309561397_thumb.j

post-46156-0-38978300-1309561415_thumb.j

post-46156-0-98239100-1309561438_thumb.j

• Member For: 13y 7m 8d

first car was a 1959 fc Expensive Daewoo station wagon I bought when I got my license back in 1976 had to many cars since then too list them all some fords some Expensive Daewoo some jap and some where just plain crap lol . as well as quite a few speedway race cars along the way as well .

in the driveway atm is a ford el wagon used for towing the race car with . a vz commy and a r33 turbo skyline as you can see im not loyal too one brand just what suits my purpose at the time .

current race car is for dirt circuit is a space frame chassis quick change diff coil overs ect ect ect now this is where the fun begins lol .

it has a full fibreglass ve commy body on it and atm is powered by a decent 308. BUT the real reason I joined this site was to get all the info I can on the ba onwards turbo donk cause that's what I want to power the race car with and get rid of the 308 for next season......imagine next yrs signwritting on the car the hrt lion and helmet with underneath in bold letters powered by ford lol.

cant wait

cheers dean

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 18d

My first car was my mums XF, which had been in the family since the car was 1 year old back in '87. It was given to me when I started uni in '97 and it was dead stock.

XF_original.jpg

After many years of doing things to it this is how it looks today - http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/1986fordfalcon/P1070558.jpg

It was my only car and daily for about 10 years till I bought the BF XR6T which came along to share half of the driving duties. Now the BF is too good for me to drive around all the time so it mainly gets driven around after work and on sunny weekends.

Now I also have a cheap Hyundai Accent which is the daily but I still drive the XF or BF whenever I feel like it (which is usually after a few days of driving the girly Hyundai) :)

Edited by XF Falcon

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 1d

Rego and insurance must suck.

Good mine though...

87 VL (auto)

03 Ba XRT (manual)

03 Lancer (manual)

97 EL (auto)

G-Spec (auto)

Bit of a roller coaster, no real trend lol