18l / 100km

byi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 15d

Better off spend 900 for an edit with the capa 8psi tune that will save you heaps as my bf ute with the edit went from 300 klms to 75L to 500 around town 400 if I was hammering it. your model t is going for about 23-24k

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 14d
bit drastic :laughing:

Would take quite a few thousand k's to recover the amount you're losing on the sale in fuel savings.

I agree

spend approx $1000 on a custom tune edit for economy. surely it can't be that bad :spoton:

just read your ad mate, how much did you pay for the mal wood short throw?? I want one, but I'm worried the moment I buy it, the T5 will kaboom itself, making it a pointless expenditure :laughing:

The mal wood shifter was $280.

To those who are suggesting a custom tune, I mentioned earlier due to the fact I live in Brisbane there are no reputable tuners, in my view, here. Besides custom tune with a increase in power of 8 or 10 psi tune MAY increase fuel economy marginally, but will also increase the desire to push the pedal harder on open roads (no matter how rare they may be in city traffic) making the entire edit meaningless

For those who comment on the asking price, 31k is just a starting point to establish negotiations. I don’t expect anyone to pay that for the vehicle and if make in the mid twenties im not losing out of pocket.

Cheers

• Member For: 18y 1m
I;ve got the same problem as the original poster. I get 18L/100k around town, a fantastic 15L/100k highway driving on cruise.

This is backed by both the the fuel usage guage, and by the tank vs km calculations. 250k out of a tank is sh*t, and Ford refuse to accept anything is wrong.

The published figures for driving are well below this - a 50% difference is not acceptable, and I'm starting to consider asking them to take the car back.

I don't care what they say, 15'/100 on the highway is crap and something is not right. These cars should be under 10 on the freeway, unless you are foot flat up hills. Do not accept Ford's excuses, give them hell. If they say it is normal, get them to let you drive one of their demos to prove it.

• Member For: 19y 3m 14d
bit drastic :gooff:

Would take quite a few thousand k's to recover the amount you're losing on the sale in fuel savings.

I agree

spend approx $1000 on a custom tune edit for economy. surely it can't be that bad :gooff:

just read your ad mate, how much did you pay for the mal wood short throw?? I want one, but I'm worried the moment I buy it, the T5 will kaboom itself, making it a pointless expenditure :spoton:

To those who are suggesting a custom tune, I mentioned earlier due to the fact I live in Brisbane there are no reputable tuners, in my view, here. Besides custom tune with a increase in power of 8 or 10 psi tune MAY increase fuel economy marginally, but will also increase the desire to push the pedal harder on open roads (no matter how rare they may be in city traffic) making the entire edit meaningless

For those who comment on the asking price, 31k is just a starting point to establish negotiations. I don’t expect anyone to pay that for the vehicle and if make in the mid twenties im not losing out of pocket.

Cheers

you make a good point about the whole desire to push the pedal thing... it really does take some restraint when passing cars!! good luck with the sale, hope it all goes well for you :spoton:

• Member For: 20y 18d
Eugene what AFR's you running on cruise to get those figurs? must be up in 14's :spoton:

no mate, closer to 15 to 1 if I can, the car is under zero load at cruise, so why waste fuel, remmeber STOICH is 14.3 or 1 lamba AFR, that is waht the factory should be trying to get, but it has to allow for so many variables such as fuel quality, air density and temp, altatude, dickhead drivers, etc and base it on the lowest common denominator.

I know if I gave my car for other to drive they could kill it in days if not hours, but it has lasted me fine because I look after it,

as for seeling a car due to poor ecoenomy, lets do the math shall we.

all numbers are rounded in the favour of selling so I sahll rouind down to suit.

Turbo falcon car on road with a few options $43,000.

fuel at say $1.25 per liter for this example

usage average for CITY slug little bit of highway is 16.5 lt per 100 or $20.60 per 100k travelled.

selling car for "mid twneties" say $27k, aloss of $16,000. or enough money to travel approx 75oookm on the fuel at $1.25 per liter.

now thw other side, buy a "new" economical car, like a Astra or corrola, lets allow them 9lts per 100 in the city or $11.25 per 100 ks traveled, a difference of $9.35 per 100 ks, now to make the difference up of the $16k, you only need to travel 175000 km to be EVEN, lets not factor in Stampduty, depreciation etc on the new Corolla.

The up side of all this is you are driving a Corolla or astra, and loving every minute of it, instead of say getting a edit, custome tune, say $1400. and really enjoy your driving.

Chiptorque in Nerang are edit deallers, those guys a pioneers in the tuning of the turbo falcon, RDP are guns, hell, I bet I could find a decent tuner within 5 mins of yellow pages ofr ford mag searching.

to sell a car because of bad economy to save such a small amount is crap, dont do it get your car sorted out and enjoy it, give up the smokes or the pokies, enough money there to buy a second falcon to leave running in the shed wwhen you go out :spoton:

• Donating Members
bit drastic :pooh:

I agree

spend approx $1000 on a custom tune edit for economy. surely it can't be that bad :pooh:

just read your ad mate, how much did you pay for the mal wood short throw?? I want one, but I'm worried the moment I buy it, the T5 will kaboom itself, making it a pointless expenditure :blush:

Cheers

you make a good point about the whole desire to push the pedal thing... it really does take some restraint when passing cars!! good luck with the sale, hope it all goes well for you :blink:

Thanyou :)

• Donating Members
Eugene what AFR's you running on cruise to get those figurs? must be up in 14's :blush:

all numbers are rounded in the favour of selling so I sahll rouind down to suit.

usage average for CITY slug little bit of highway is 16.5 lt per 100 or $20.60 per 100k travelled.

selling car for "mid twneties" say $27k, aloss of $16,000. or enough money to travel approx 75oookm on the fuel at $1.25 per liter.

now thw other side, buy a "new" economical car, like a Astra or corrola, lets allow them 9lts per 100 in the city or $11.25 per 100 ks traveled, a difference of $9.35 per 100 ks, now to make the difference up of the $16k, you only need to travel 175000 km to be EVEN, lets not factor in Stampduty, depreciation etc on the new Corolla.

The up side of all this is you are driving a Corolla or astra, and loving every minute of it, instead of say getting a edit, custome tune, say $1400. and really enjoy your driving.

Chiptorque in Nerang are edit deallers, those guys a pioneers in the tuning of the turbo falcon, RDP are guns, hell, I bet I could find a decent tuner within 5 mins of yellow pages ofr ford mag searching.

to sell a car because of bad economy to save such a small amount is crap, dont do it get your car sorted out and enjoy it, give up the smokes or the pokies, enough money there to buy a second falcon to leave running in the shed wwhen you go out :blink:

I purchased the vehicle second hand, by selling the vehicle now not only will I break even I will also accrue a few extra dollars depending upon the selling price. I’m not interested in travelling out of Brisbane for a tune, leaving only the young hot shot or the old and deceptive tuners. We are extremely limited in Brisbane for any sort of reliable and professional aftermarket Ford retailers.

• Member For: 20y 18d
Eugene what AFR's you running on cruise to get those figurs? must be up in 14's :censored:

to sell a car because of bad economy to save such a small amount is crap, dont do it get your car sorted out and enjoy it, give up the smokes or the pokies, enough money there to buy a second falcon to leave running in the shed wwhen you go out :censored:

I purchased the vehicle second hand, by selling the vehicle now not only will I break even I will also accrue a few extra dollars depending upon the selling price. I’m not interested in travelling out of Brisbane for a tune, leaving only the young hot shot or the old and deceptive tuners. We are extremely limited in Brisbane for any sort of reliable and professional aftermarket Ford retailers.

MMMM, I can see why you wouldnt want to go to nerang from brisbane, oh my gosh, that's nearly 45mins drive, how would you cope, the horendous fuel use, the war and tear on those big 17" tyres, oh my god, better leave it parked in the shed, so it can depreciate.

Get out and drive the bloody thing, that's what its built for, I have, for the past two years put over $100. worth of fuel per week, every week down the throat of my ute, I could not think of a better way to spend it either.

Fuel is cheap, tyres are cheap, it is the depreciation that kills you, enjoy the car, or go and buy a corrola, your call.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 9d

But Eugene that 45 minutes travel time you're talking about equates to $20.00 worth of fuel - would be much better off selling the car! :censored:

That's not even factoring in the return leg of the journey :censored: