18l / 100km

byi

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 14d
get a custom tune and ask for an economy tune. it works really well. also check your spark plugs, mine were gone and after being replaced im getting 300+kms from spirited driving

The only problem is in Brisbane we are very short on reliable tuners, and I would not dream of leaving my car with the “kids” at fist or due to the poor workmanship and etiquette revived at bob romano. Plus when tuners do visit from interstate they are usually gone within several days and don’t return for months on end, no easy possibility of a re-map if something where to go astray.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 8m 14d

bvi,

You should call Chiptorque. They are at the Gold Coast. Ask to speak to Matt. They are very good tuners! I used them recently and I will continue to you them from now on.

Cheers

XRT330

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 25d

So what I am seeing is even a stock Xr6T gets worse fuel economy than my LS1 with a massive cam, making 290rwkW. Melbourne to Sydney I make it past Goulbourn averaging 120km/h -> 9l/100km and in the very worst city driving I get 17-18l/100.

Hmm not impressed Jan.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 15d
So what I am seeing is even a stock Xr6T gets worse fuel economy than my LS1 with a massive cam, making 290rwkW. Melbourne to Sydney I make it past Goulbourn averaging 120km/h -> 9l/100km and in the very worst city driving I get 17-18l/100.

Hmm not impressed Jan.

These cars run rich from the factory, period. Modified or rather tuned properly and given the same driving ie cruise or non-WOT, they'll be far more fuel economical.

And the only accurate way to measure fuel usage is 'litres in' vs 'kms travelled', which few have posted here.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 25d

Hmm not impressed Jan.

These cars run rich from the factory, period. Modified or rather tuned properly and given the same driving ie cruise or non-WOT, they'll be far more fuel economical.

And the only accurate way to measure fuel usage is 'litres in' vs 'kms travelled', which few have posted here.

But even the edited guys are saying 10-11 l/100km, which seems still disappointing. Off boost, cruising, 6spd, VVT 6 cyl should be getting excellent economy.

• Member For: 18y 18d

My stock BA Mk1 auto XR6T in City peak hour driving, combined with some squirting around the place gets about 14-15L/100km. I will see 400kms out of a tank from it as a minimum.

The highway it is pretty average, about 10-11L/100km... gets 500kms or so from the tank.. having a 4 speed auto and the 3.45 diff doesn't really help a great deal on the highway. But I would expect when I start modding it, it will be better on the juice... it runs fairly rich when its been dynoed which isn't suprising at all.