Fomoco To Use Smaller Turbos

Fat-Tony

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 13d
will next gen F6 produce over 300kW? if so, how about V8? I dun think so, I think they will just improve the handling and fuel consumption, and overall quality.

about the turbo, how about twin turbo? :crybaby:  (think of RB26DETT)

Apparently the fat pig is even fatter so it'll need 300kw to get the same performance. It'll out pork a Mercedes luxo barge.

• Member For: 17y 9m
Twin turbos have a place with the v engines with an inline 6 it would be a waste of money for them to even think about it

who know,

supra's 2JZGTE and Skyline GTR's RB26DETT are inline six and use twin turbo.

then why not, who know they will be better efficiency and reliability using different grade of turbo. and of course the next gen falcon really hav to be at least as good as the VE Late model camira :crybaby: .

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 13d
Twin turbos have a place with the v engines with an inline 6 it would be a waste of money for them to even think about it

who know,

supra's 2JZGTE and Skyline GTR's RB26DETT are inline six and use twin turbo.

then why not, who know they will be better efficiency and reliability using different grade of turbo. and of course the next gen falcon really hav to be at least as good as the VE Late model camira :idunno: .

Oh and the new BMW 335i is a twin turbo.

• Member For: 18y 5m 16d

I have to agree that having a twin-turbo on a inline 6 will be the ultimate.

I had a long chat with Simon (Nizpro) about this, and he mentioned this is one thing he will still try.

I would luv it, as much, much less turbo/fuel-lag, much better efficiency to be had from 2 smaller turbos than one larger one, and of course we could then avoid the dreaded surge-line area on the turbo map.

Ah, how nice that would be. But, the downside is more complex piping, manifolds etc.

Soz for off-topic, just sharing my ideas.

• Member For: 18y 1m 18d

yeah cuz the supras and gtr's were a total flop.....

you twit :blink:

A common twin trubo set-up as used in many straight sixes and the RX7 is better described as bi-turbo. They use one small and one large turbo in line. This gives a bigger boost range. The smaller turbo spools up lower down and provides almost supercharger type grunt right off the bottom. This in turn feeds into the bigger turbo (which would require much higher revs to get on boost on it's own). This gives more boost through the mid range and top end.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 3d

yeah cuz the supras and gtr's were a total flop.....

you twit :fool:

A common twin trubo set-up as used in many straight sixes and the RX7 is better described as bi-turbo. They use one small and one large turbo in line. This gives a bigger boost range. The smaller turbo spools up lower down and provides almost supercharger type grunt right off the bottom. This in turn feeds into the bigger turbo (which would require much higher revs to get on boost on it's own). This gives more boost through the mid range and top end.

I hear most twin turbo set ups are like this in order to have at least one turbo spooling all the way through the rev range.

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Yeah but guy's.....

This is only ever about market share.

Simply put, there just aint the market in Oz to support a family sized sport sedan with the sophistication of a TT setup.

There simply is no reason for Ford to even think about it when the current set-up is so well performed and sold.

This particular plane will not get off the ground.

Just like the other famous one........ :fool: