ms700

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Just sit back and enjoy the ride...!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 10d

I walked into the office the afternoon after just returning from Singapore and made the comment... "so, who's getting shot today?" What I was referring to was the latest round of headcount cuts at work... but my mate just pointed at his monitor with the SMH headline story on screen. I just wanted to throw up! :crybaby:

Two famous aussie blokes gone in one week doing what they loved most.... enjoying life! What did we do to deserve all this punishment??? :laughing:

Not that I want to be the harbinger of doom, but these things tend to happen in "groups of three". If I were an aussie celebrity, I'd be :tease: myself while waiting for the other shoe to drop....

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 5d

Ultimate failure is the destiny of all heros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Brocky, or enjoy that big Bathurst in the sky.

Sure drives home the fact that even for a genius driver it only takes a thousandth of a second.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d

I wasn't around the scene when Brock was in his prime, and I never followed the Expensive Daewoo teams, but I feel very sad with his passing.

A legend gone, motorsport won't be the same without his involvment.

I hope there is some sort of commeration at Bathurst this year. I for one will be there to watch it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 21d

Even though most of us are true Ford fans and the guy was annoying winning so many races he was one of the nicest, modest and most down to earth guys you could ever meet ... true champion.

R.I.P. Brocky ...

• Member For: 18y 1m 21d

R.I.P brocky. We have lost a true champion and a gentleman to boot.

Rumour has it that he was decapitated, hope that's not true as I can imagine it would have been twice as shocking to his family and co-driver and rescue crew.

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 12d
I walked into the office the afternoon after just returning from Singapore and made the comment...  "so, who's getting shot today?"  What I was referring to was the latest round of headcount cuts at work... but my mate just pointed at his monitor with the SMH headline story on screen. I just wanted to throw up!    :crybaby:

Two famous aussie blokes gone in one week doing what they loved most....  enjoying life! What did we do to deserve all this punishment???    :laughing:

Not that I want to be the harbinger of doom, but these things tend to happen in "groups of three". If I were an aussie celebrity, I'd be  :tease: myself while waiting for the other shoe to drop....

Theysay that but it has happened peter,steve and last week sir don chip but not to many people remeber him or do not think about him and did his bit for politics like steve and peter did for there fields.

Ian

• Member For: 18y 2m 16d

R.I.P Peter Brock, The man was an inspiration to me when I was a kid, although Im only 28, I remember watchin him and correct if Im wrong Alan Grice in the VL commo's tearing things up, so loved the day....I might give him thanx for making me appreciate motorsport more and getting involved as I looked up to him and wanted to be a race driver as well....well drifting for me now...

Like Steve, what he did for the welfare of conservation, Peter will be greatly missed allround as well especially in the motoring community as he seen as the MAN....

Things just wont be the same :crybaby:

I hope they dedicte bathurst to him and maybe rename parts of the mountain in memory to Peter Brock.....