How Much Is My Leased Xr6-t Worth?

shockwave

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 3d

I am about to be in the same postion in 2 months when my lease finishes.

An idendical spec vehicle as described. My residual is $24,500 plus for release, and I intend to release mine for another 2 years.

This is because you have already been hit with the greatest amout of depreciation in the first 2 years. Looking at redbook and glasses guide figures the depreciation rate reduced significantly after 3 years.

As you mention you know the service history, and if its still running great then keep it.

• Member For: 21y 9m 26d

I'd reckon about 26.5-27.5k.

I spent a few months scouring all the car sale media (carsales, tradingpost, carsguide, carpoint etc) and NONE of the prices represented anything close to redbook values.

If I let my financial mind instead of my heart take over then I wouldn't be driving a ford - if you want it keep it :)

I got a Mk2 with Sports Leather, Reverse Sensors, Sunroof, Dual Zone Climate Control and less KM's for not much more than some of the of the prices being thrown about here.

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 26d

just remember guys the price you advertised on carsales ect is not allways the price the car sells for... redbook get there infor from actual sales not advertised priceing

• Member For: 21y 9m 26d
just remember guys the price you advertised on carsales ect is not allways the price the car sells for... redbook get there infor from actual sales not advertised priceing

On that point - how do they get their stats???

If they get them from the transfer of ownership no wonder the prices are lower - who actually puts the real purchase cost on the papers to have to pay all the stamp duty. :censored::gooff:

But still - nobody that I spoke to were willing to drop their advertised price anywhere the price that redbook state.

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 26d

On that point - how do they get their stats???

If they get them from the transfer of ownership no wonder the prices are lower - who actually puts the real purchase cost on the papers to have to pay all the stamp duty. :censored::gooff:

But still - nobody that I spoke to were willing to drop their advertised price anywhere the price that redbook state.

straight from the horses mouth...

The research begins with finding out what is happening to new and used car prices in the marketplace, by monitoring every major newspaper in the country, by having a network of auction houses report their results, by obtaining reports from dealers and dealer panels, by having field researchers visit the retail sites and from reports from the manufacturers and distributors.