Brake Pads

QikSmurf

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 5d

Your not the only one to say that, given that I did not follow any bed in procedure, then that may be the case. Having said that the problem did not eventuate for some six months or so. Given that the car was driven regulary and hard, I dont see how this could be the cause. For what it is worth guys, they are a great product and work well. I could have just been an anomily.

Scotty

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 21y 24d

Taking that long is unusual. The couple of customers who had problems had them within the first 1000km.

Heard of a few other probs but that was before they change to the V3 greenstuff compound. (around 2001 I think)

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 5d

That would make sense, I brought mine prior to 2001, EBC blamed DBA and DBA blamed EBC. EBC to their credit did refund the money and I brought Bendix ultimates and had to machine the rotors twice. Problem solved. However the results were no way near as good as the EBC pads. I think I will get a new set, put them on my standard rotor, of the problem arises again, then of with the stock rotors on with a new set, hopefully with the blessings of the missus.

Scotty

• Member For: 18y 5m 9d
That would make sense, I brought mine prior to 2001, EBC blamed DBA and DBA blamed EBC. EBC to their credit did refund the money and I brought Bendix ultimates and had to machine the rotors twice. Problem solved. However the results were no way near as good as the EBC pads. I think I will get a new set, put them on my standard rotor, of the problem arises again, then of with the stock rotors on with a new set, hopefully with the blessings of the missus.

Scotty

have you guys tried hawk brake pads

• Member For: 21y 3m 10d

Thanks for the response guys.

I have decided to do a backflip and try the Ferodo 2500. They are going on tomorrow morning. On the weekend I am taking a drive up to Mt Tamborine.

I will let you know how they compare to the standard pads.

I had Ferodo Formula 2500 fitted yesterday. All I can say is that I would recommend them to anyone wanting to significantly improve braking performance at a reasonable price.

Simply, they are awesome! :sharon:

For almost 40,000km I have had to put up with brake squeal. I had Ford look at the problem 3 times and all they could say was it was normal. Since the new pads went in there is NO SQUEAL AT ALL. While I have learned to put up with it for over a year now, I no longer have to cringe when I pull up to a set of traffic lights. :spoton:

The most noticable difference is the feel. With only light peddle pressure, the car now pulls up effortlessly, time and time again. No fade! This feeling is difficult to describe in words, but I guess it compares to having power assisted brakes vs. not having power assist.

Brake dust is virtually not there. The standard pads were put heaps of dust on the wheels. 3 days of hard braking and no dust!!

They are sopposed to be soft pads. I would much rather replace pads than rotors. I had 2 sets of rotors replaced using Bendix ultimates on my XR6T. Never again!