Ba N/a Power Output? (any Dyno Figures?)

-carty

• nutter
  • Member For: 20y 8m 28d

wanting to know what the power output is for the BA XR6, 5 Speed, utility is possible, but sedan shouldnt make any difference...

wanting to know what HP they put out at the rears in stock form... and please, none of the "182FWKW = 182 divide 1.25 = ...

(I think that's the conversion for FW to RW or what not is it?)

wanting to know if my VS SS has more power then my brothers XR6 Ute (both 5spd, but his stock, and ive had mine dyno'd so I know what its making.)

• Member For: 18y 1m 5d

Manual would have approx 140rwkw stock, and 135rwkw for the auto version.

I have a 2003 BA Fairmont Ghia N/A and has 151rwkw with headers, exhaust, and filter. Soon to be 180rwkw+ with a few custom tunes and under-drive kit.

Im suprised to see that a VS SS only makes that sorta power. Shows how technology advances I guess.

• nutter
  • Member For: 20y 8m 28d

vs ss stock are meant to be 165 fwkw ( 221.27hp)

if ive been informed right, the conversion from flywheel to rear wheel, is x1.25

if that be the case, mine has 201fwkw ( 269.55hp)

so from stock, ive advanced 36fwkw. (48.28hp)

I say im pretty happy with that, being only 185kw hsv chip, CAI, K&N, Paccies, 3" highflow cat and zorst...

love it when it kicks out when snapping 2nd and then a little squeal when snappin 3rd

• Member For: 18y 1m 5d
so from stock, ive advanced 36fwkw. (48.28hp)

love it when it kicks out when snapping 2nd and then a little squeal when snappin 3rd

The gains are good, pretty much expected from the mods ... But still good. I still am amazed at the technology these days ... 182kw from an N/A 6 (BA) and 190kw (BF) and 165kw from a N/A V8 (VS). Who'd have thought power levels would be reaching this high eh.

If only my car would chirp. The excess weight and Fords excessively tall gearing tends to put a dampener on the fun. However, I have had it peel sideways (wet)shifting into 2nd, and at 85km/h .. It wasn't exactly a heart-warming experience.

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 3d

This figures make me feel so much better now...... :spoton: