Audiocontrol Lc6i For Stock Ba Head Unit

Guest Boony_1981

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 16d
these things let u run more subs and different speakers? and they only cost $240 or so? that's awesome!
You can run all of that now with an amp that has line-level inputs but sound quality won't be great.

Don't forget that you also need to buy your amp(s) on top of the cost of the LC6i...!

• Member For: 18y 6m 13d
these things let u run more subs and different speakers? and they only cost $240 or so? that's awesome!

they allow you to interface the stock head unit with aftermarket amplifiers by providing a RCA outputs, and Remote out, aswell as sub control. They are ment to clean up the sq aswell

• Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged
  • Member For: 20y 5m 14d

I can understand how they can give you the outputs required and some control over levels and crossovers etc...

Everything still all depends on the output stages of the factory HU though IMHO. Taking the sound out of the headunit anywhere past the digital stage is going to yield the sound of the headunit, not the sound of any following piece of equipment without artificial massaging/EQ/DSP etc...

Be interested to see how successful it is in 'changing' what you hear

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 26d
I just went down to local high performance sound shop and asked him what we could do with a stock BA head unit. He couldn't stop raving about how good the AudioControl LC6i sounded when it was run off a stock ICC unit.

LC6i Info Webpage

Has anyone heard of or installed one of these before? It seems like a pretty good idea.

Any comments/suggestions on how this might go?

I have one of these lc6i on my beast and have got one for my cousin and its great.

Hav had mine for ages now and never had any probs wid it.

Its a great buy if u intend on using/keeping the factory ICC with aftermarket amps/subs etc installed.

San

Guest Boony_1981
  • Guests
I just went down to local high performance sound shop and asked him what we could do with a stock BA head unit. He couldn't stop raving about how good the AudioControl LC6i sounded when it was run off a stock ICC unit.

LC6i Info Webpage

Has anyone heard of or installed one of these before? It seems like a pretty good idea.

Any comments/suggestions on how this might go?

I have one of these lc6i on my beast and have got one for my cousin and its great.

Hav had mine for ages now and never had any probs wid it.

Its a great buy if u intend on using/keeping the factory ICC with aftermarket amps/subs etc installed.

San

Sweet! Thanks for your feedback.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 1m 28d

Haven't used the lc6i, but have used the audiocontrol 3.1 before and they were fantastic! I am setting one of the audiocontrol 3.1 up on my XR6T as I like the tunability on the fly, but they are great to work with factory head units. Good price too as I have been quoted more expensive prices for audiocontrol gear.