Top Speeds

mickyxr6t

• Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member For: 19y 11m
I have only ever done 110 KPH.  :roflmbo: :roflmbo:

I was however, a passenger in my car while the WOG took it out on a test drive down the street... OMG!  :evil:  :roflmbo:

You too have experienced that sensation with the wog :spoton::spoton:

Yeh, me too.

The Wog had mine up to 150kph in a short backstreet with a culdersack coming up real quick. that's when I started repeating the words "Its only got the standard brakes!" :Doh:

Clarke

• Member For: 18y 4m 24d
To achieve the record and conform to the Guinness World Record guidelines, the Maloo R8 had to be independently scrutinised to ensure it was a standard production specification vehicle, in exactly the same state and condition as when it rolled off the production line. Once the Maloo R8 was certified, the attempt was run over a marked 1km course, again, to the guidelines set by Guinness World Records. The Maloo R8 had its speed in both directions measured and run within 1 hour to confirm its place as the “Worlds Fastest production Pickup/Utility”.

Guys, whichever way we look at it, this is still very impressive - we could debate if the UTE was factory standard or not, but even if it was not, which may or may not be the case, the small amount of mods that were done was basically not noticeable.

So yes, even as a lifelong Ford fan, this is still impressive.

To move a 1800kg (approx) vehicle to those velocities, needs some serious grunt.

I am impressed.

Just hoping to get a decent hardcover for my UTE soon after my mods this week, and will go to some private road out there and see if we can top that in the Tornado - which is not stnadard anyway, it will have somewhere north of 375rwkw.

Anyone know where around Melbourne I could go to legally do a run like this? I can't afford to loose my license, guys, so it must be legal - otherwise I won't do it.

Just like to see what it can do, and if we can at least go pass that 271kph :)

Jeesh, we can't let a Expensive Daewoo Maloo beat a Ford :)

Edited by MrBean

• Member For: 19y 3m 10d
Ok last one now im off.

Here's 297Kph

fark me.. I know that car, seen it driving around here heaps. Citric GT with a shaker and mods (I'm assuming), sounds awesome!! took off from the lights next to me when I was in the missus lancer, and he gave it squirt, damn I wish I was in the T :spoton:

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 20y 3m 11d

As I recall Shorty's mobile could only muster about 235RWKW in 2004 so don't be too impressed...it would take three Commonwealth Avenues for that power to get his "catch me if you can" barge to 220kph Jimmy.

Dingah