Top Speeds

mickyxr6t

• Member For: 18y 1m 16d

Well there are some pretty good efforts here..

you blokes who do over 200 on a bike are nuts..

I used to have a VR GTS with some head work and 6speed, got it to 235ish and had to slow down to 190 to take this kind of sweeping bend, didnt try go much quicker after that.. But had it upto 200 on plenty of fishing trips..

ill be interested to see what my new xr6t will do, havnt had the time to go anywhere as yet..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 29d
I have only ever done 110 KPH.  :spit::msm:

I was however, a passenger in my car while the WOG took it out on a test drive down the street... OMG!  :evil:  :clap:

You too have experienced that sensation with the wog :spoton::spoton:

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 22d
300+ on the R1 :clap:

Speedo only reads 299 then stops but the rev's kept going around, estimate probably another 30kmh

Chooka

ditto to that but on my zx10. New litre bikes rule when it comes to speed

Yep to both the above. My R1 speedo only went to 299............ :spit:

Although Youngy, don't underestimate the top speed of your thing.

Before my motor was done (375rwkw's) I line balled a new R1 up to 270km/h - racetrack of course, roll-on from 80hm/h. Trust me, he was trying - I could see the whites of his eyes as he could see the front corner of my car all the way.

Love to do it again now........ Although, the racetrack wasn't happy about it last time. :msm:

• Member For: 19y 27d

the ute doesnt have the aero of a sedan I dont run a hard cover or tornneou ever so anything above 240 is pretty hairy I've had the ute off the clock once (around 265) but never again. 270 is a top effort especially keeping up with an r1. I would of loved to witness that 1.

• Member For: 18y 1m 12d

140kph in my old EH Holden

160kph in my XC Falcon

185kph in my EF XR6 Manual and I dont think it had much more in it without ending up like my Subaru Which I crashed at 110kph (damm front wheel drives)

I will beat all these when I get a XR6T, not that I will but at least I will know I can is enough for me.

Take care all, Speed kills :yeahyeah:

Edited by jasonxr695

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 17y 8m 16d

Reference to maloo, I know of heaps of cheats gmh have done in past but won't go there as will make this thread to long.

I doubt that maloo was as factory standard.

And if ford removed limiter on f6 ute I would think it would easily surpass maloo record.

220 ish tc cortina 250 crossflow 4 speed 2.92:1 gears 235x60x14 tyres doing 6200rpm as not enough grunt to push gears any further, would pull 7000 rpm in first 3 gears.

280 ish xD 351 toploader,3.00:1 gears 245x60?x14 tyres doing 7000rpm. On one occassion slowly creaped away from a 90-91 gsx1100r from 120 to valve bounce.

It would cherp tyres at 170/180 changing into top gear everytime.

240 txr telstar turbo 88 model 2.2 intercooled 12valve 5speed with exhaust and intake mods backed off as never had been in small this fast and was worried for safty, it ended up damaging fifth gear syncro(kept jumping out of gear) shortly after so never got to try again, fixed box day I sold it.

220 ish td cortina 351w auto 3.7:1 gears, 225x60x15 tyres 6000rpm valve bounce

XY GT replica 12.3 et's 113mph 7300rpm never ever tried for top speed as it ran 4.11:1 gears and didn't have much more in it than 113mph with only a few hundred rpm up its sleeve.

240 passenger to female driver in BA GT & my women spoilt fun telling her to back off.

220 back to back in my new BA XR Turbo 5speed, not sure on car at moment to push any further, It got there very quickly and felt very stable but only felt like it was doing 140 ish which worried me as it was actually doing alot more and that not knowing car I decided to back off then as I reached about 150 I decided to try again getting back to 220 a chickening out again. I have defently lost the balls I had when a bit younger.

Nispro valve springs, HD gearbox shafts, excede clutch, larger injectors, center muffler removed & capa flash edit.

Been told by previous owner who sold it as he needed money to fix termite damage to his house (poor bugger) supposed to have 275rwkw.

Of all these cars the xD is still my most thrilling ride I had as it use to give me one hell of a addrenalin rush when giving it a hard time.

The XR6T being my next as it is so close in grunt, once I do the exhaust and intake mods it may swing to the XR6T but still un sure if I would try beating 280 from the xD.

PS 862 kph in a factory standard maloo ute :roflmbo:

Hay could be possible if dropped from plane. :roflmbo:

All this was done on my friends race track :roflmbo:

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 11d

205kph on the xmas bathurst cruise down Mt Panorama. Made me put in for the DBA4000 group buy that's currently going.

And now im off to April. See ya's.