Car Nearly Died

XR68UZ

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 15d
Sounds like overboost to me mr Jaeyon.

Cro, the only way you can clear a overboost limp home style error is to shut down and restart ive found. If you can "override" the overboost, id say it isnt overboosting, id say its the valve springs.

If your valve springs are failing, the problem will get worse, not better, and could result in a broken spring. Which is bad. Mind you, ive never seen a broken XR valve spring, but someone has to be the first.

Thanks mate :laughing:

Whether it is overboost or springs, get it sorted soon :blink: You don't want that happening when in the opposing lane whilst overtaking :spoton: Happened to me twice.... though mine was I believe UniChimp related. Ford couldn't fix it, tuner couldn't fix it. Return to stock no more overboost. Whould'a thought :blush:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 15d
I would not worry about it, very rarely mine does similar if I go flying up to the lights and break hard to pull up it will feel like its gonna stall but never has. but I dunno so get it checked out..

Dont worry then............your the expert :spoton: over to you :blink:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d
Sounds like overboost to me mr Jaeyon.

Cro, the only way you can clear a overboost limp home style error is to shut down and restart ive found. If you can "override" the overboost, id say it isnt overboosting, id say its the valve springs.

If your valve springs are failing, the problem will get worse, not better, and could result in a broken spring. Which is bad. Mind you, ive never seen a broken XR valve spring, but someone has to be the first.

Thanks mate :spoton:

Whether it is overboost or springs, get it sorted soon :sick: You don't want that happening when in the opposing lane whilst overtaking :pinch: Happened to me twice.... though mine was I believe UniChimp related. Ford couldn't fix it, tuner couldn't fix it. Return to stock no more overboost. Whould'a thought :blink:

You're spot on mate, I've already booked it in and told them I want it fixed, no matter how long it takes as I spend a bit of time on the wrong side of the road...

I had a few scary moments going to Dubbo the other week :pinch:

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 8m 3d

Because you have already noted this problem on a previous R/O Cro, warrantly shouldn't be a problem, cause you originally told the service dept while it was in the warranty period.

If any of that makes sense..... :spoton::pinch:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 24d

Spot on mate, still got 9,000kms to get to it, but I hope its sorted out next week in any case :laughing: