Sly's General Questions

Slymeat

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7d
+3km/h :bowdown:  That disgraceful.  Anyone know what the threshold is in South Aus?

It's 10% here in Qld which works for me :roflmbo:

apparently they have speed cameras at red lights in SA :sick:

shazzy

• Member For: 18y 13d

:roflmbo::tease:

+3km/h :bowdown:  That disgraceful.  Anyone know what the threshold is in South Aus?

It's 10% here in Qld which works for me :nod:

apparently they have speed cameras at red lights in SA :sick:

shazzy

true and yes normally 10% depends what there feeling like

• 1 month later...
  • Are we there yet?
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 20d
The RTA cameras only allow for an error of I think of 2 to 3 km/hr, your best bet if you have a good driving record is to write a letter and attach it to a cheque for the amount, in this letter you state that you have not been booked for how ever long but they like to see several years and that it was only a small amount, also state that you understand it is an offence and you know you were in the wrong. It's a case of swallowing your pride I know, they will usually send the cheque back if they decide to send you a caution. Although beware doing this prevents you taking it to court at a later date. I do not know if there are minimum legal amounts for the speed measuring devices but they generally have an error depending on the type of radar of +-2km/hr. I believe it is inherently unfair to issue such low speeding infringments, as it is not in the sprit of the legislation. That said the commisioner of the RTA has the final say, not me.

P.S. Radar is not my strong suit so I cannot be exactly sure, as I do not use it.

Thanks Sly. :spoton:

Looks like I need to spend a little while in front of MS Word... :gooff:

Cheers.

UPDATE!!!!

Got a reply in the mail today from the Vic Police.....

The infringement has been retracted and a warning applied, due to the circumstances.

:w00t2: WOO HOO!!! :w00t2:

Thanks to Sly and everyone else for the advice. Saved me $134 and the demerit point. I will have a beer for you all.

Cheers :spoton:

Edited by XR64T

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 14d
The RTA cameras only allow for an error of I think of 2 to 3 km/hr, your best bet if you have a good driving record is to write a letter and attach it to a cheque for the amount, in this letter you state that you have not been booked for how ever long but they like to see several years and that it was only a small amount, also state that you understand it is an offence and you know you were in the wrong. It's a case of swallowing your pride I know, they will usually send the cheque back if they decide to send you a caution. Although beware doing this prevents you taking it to court at a later date. I do not know if there are minimum legal amounts for the speed measuring devices but they generally have an error depending on the type of radar of +-2km/hr. I believe it is inherently unfair to issue such low speeding infringments, as it is not in the sprit of the legislation. That said the commisioner of the RTA has the final say, not me.

P.S. Radar is not my strong suit so I cannot be exactly sure, as I do not use it.

Thanks Sly. :spoton:

Looks like I need to spend a little while in front of MS Word... :gooff:

Cheers.

UPDATE!!!!

Got a reply in the mail today from the Vic Police.....

The infringement has been retracted and a warning applied, due to the circumstances.

:w00t2:WOO HOO!!! :w00t2:

Thanks to Sly and everyone else for the advice. Saved me $134 and the demerit point. I will have a beer for you all.

Cheers :spoton:

Good stuff mate the $$$ are better in your pocket that the Governments

• Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7d

:spoton::spoton:

maybe I shoulda written a sad story about my "incident" on the Hay plains.

$231.00 :w00t2:

where do they get that $1.00 from .. I ask you... pfft

good onya arron

shazzy

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 14d
Now ive always wondered why drink driving is a crime? In no way do I support it but ive never been able to find it in the crimes Act.  :fool:

Its all about scare tactics :bum:

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m
Now ive always wondered why drink driving is a crime? In no way do I support it but ive never been able to find it in the crimes Act.   :glad:

Its all about scare tactics :spoton:

I think the RTA been telling us all fibs!

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 22d

Your joking arn't you look in the traffic acts it's there I guarantee it! can't remember exactly which one, it used to be section 5 of the old traffic act though.