Sly's General Questions

Slymeat

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d
I don't think there's an issue with the BA/BF foggies as they are deigned properly - on just about every other make of vehicle they startle oncoming traffic as they are aimed too high....which ironically makes them absolutely useless in fog!

VE's arent to bad either.

AND no I'm not just saying that....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d
Fair call

Was referring to the fact that they only reflect down to the road though, as in unless you're a possum sitting on the side of the road you couldn't be startled by a falcon fog light.

Either way there's a place for them; not disputing that.

PS: Still lovin' your front bumper :spit:

I should have designed the new Ford, I already have some ideas. Although this may be fruitless as I am goin to get an G6E turbo this time I'm getting a bit more sufisticated. :spoton:

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 23d

you got no fog lights on that is that right , I asked this question don't think I got an answer is it illegal to remove ie not have a functioning factory fitted light on a car

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
you got no fog lights on that is that right , I asked this question don't think I got an answer is it illegal to remove ie not have a functioning factory fitted light on a car

Good question I am not sure I would think that you couldnt remove a headlight, tail light or a blinker as they have seperate requirements but fog lights, spot ligts, driving lights, interier lights, boot lights are anyones guess I hope you can. :buttrock:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

according to the RTA the is no provision for removing a fog/spot light, there are rules about this though that state no more than 6 forward facing "WHITE" lights, so basically those 4wd's you see with 2 head lights, 2 seperate parkers and 4 massive spot lights are all illegal (at least were when I did my trade certificate). Also the fog light rule is another open to interpretation for the officer who makes the decision on whether the weather is bad enough for the use of fog lights and if you get done for having them on during normal conditions suck sh!t I say. I am with sly on this rule, I HATE THEM

Me personally, I only ever use my fog lights in fog (and then most times with the hazards on as well if it is bad enough) or when it is VERY dark out in the middle of no-where just to give me a bit more bearing on the side of the road.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 5d

Before it's stated wrongly AGAIN, I deleted the posts that were here, this threads title is:

Sly's General Questions, The Discussion

Go start your own IB.

Dont reply to this here as it will just be deleted as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
Is there a number in NSW for reporting offenders on the road, be it cops or general public?

Just ring the nearest police station.

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 3d

Hey mate, me again (I love this topic by the way).

What is the rule with overtaking and double lines. Can you start the overtaking maneuver before the double lanes and finish it let's say 10-20m in to the double lanes or do you have to get back to your side of the road before reaching double lanes.

I tried finding the answer in the nsw road rules but didn't find anything.