Sly's General Questions

Slymeat

• THE Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 14d
Let's say, hypothetically, you were driving a leased car registered in, say, NSW under a company name. You are the sole driver of the car while its leased. Continuing this hypothetical story, while interstate (for the sake of argument, let's say you were in Canberra) you were issued with a parking ticket. You have 28 days to pay, before they start sending reminders etc., but within that time you give back the car and its sold / auctioned off (end of lease). 100 or so days later, you haven't received so much as a reminder notice.

So, my friends, do you sleep easy? How long would it take them to just give up and write it off? Is there some sort of inter-jurisdiction agreement that would allow the NSW authorities to follow it up and take action?

I'd be waiting at least a year or two before breathing easy. One of the guys at my old work got a parking ticket, ignored it and they where still chasing him up 2 years later, they never forget, it just sometimes takes a little while before sending the first reminder notices. (They may never forget, but they are certainly slow in acting)

That is becasuse it will go through so many departmets. First it will go through to the leasing company, there it will probably go through 4 people -

Registrations - they receive any infringments etc

Disposals - To make sure the client was in possestion of the car

Relationship manager - Contacts company to advise who was driving the car

Company - finds out the drivers name and details etc

Relationship manager - relays this back to Registrations

Registrations - signs all the relevent documents and stat dec's to say "John Smith" was driving and sends it back to whomever sent the infringment.

Then you have to wait for it all to be reissued etc in the drivers name.

Trust me they will make you pay, we had one we could not place a driver too and the company had to pay, that may be the only way you will get out of it.

Chooka

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d
If the small obnoxious child (13y/o) of the next door neighbour, decides to warm up and rev his 2 stroke motorbike to 72,000 revs before going on the road and popping mono's without a helmet, all at 6 in the morning. Am I legally allowed to cave his head in with a mallet while he sleeps?

Lumpy :spit:

You could give it a go but..... I dont like you chances of it being legal.. Only one way to find out :spit:

OK...Plan 2.

Can I tell the Police that he's hiding 'Terrorist Illegal Boat Heroin Poppies' under his bed and have TRG cave his head in with some from of improvised mallet? :spit:

Lumpy :laughing:

TRG was disbanded after Gundi incident, nice try though.

• 3 months later...
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 5d

In NSW I believe it is $10,000 for the first offence.

• Member For: 17y 5m 15d
and a tow truck :spoton:

Dam it, I want the perfomance of catless in my VN/VL which ever I get, isnt there a way you can remove the insides of the CAT and use an empty cat so it looks as if you got 1 but dont, and it can be said as wear and tear ?

Im in S.A btw

• Member For: 17y 5m 15d
Ive seen cars throw flames out the exhaust with no cat. You wouldnt want the boys in blue seeing this stuff

MG

wow dam, that would get you in a lot of trouble hehehe,

So its a 10K fine or something, dang narn it I was conviced to do it.