Modification Options

cdm

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m

DUDES!! I'm pretty much positive that Herrod told me that I could put one of their exhausts and unichip on an XR8 and IT WOULDN'T AFFECT MY WARRENTY!! the most I could make over the standard car would be an extra 40-50rwkw, this would be within Ford's tolerences, thus Ford would have no trouble with the warrenty. Now if you put a unichip on a Turbo, you could turn the boost up to what ever you want, thus you could run 35psi for like 10 mins before it blows, so clearly Ford would be a bit concerned about unichips on the Turbo.

A good mate of mine has a new XY SS with a full aftermarket exhaust, throttle body, filter and inlet mods with a unichip AND 3.9 diff gears. Now he had a few warrenty issues with the drivetrain and Holden (sorry about the bad language!!) fixed it no trouble, this isn't just what he told me, I was there when he drop it off and picked it up.

Dave.

• Site protagonist
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 6d
DUDES!! I'm pretty much positive that Herrod told me that I could put one of their exhausts and unichip on an XR8 and IT WOULDN'T AFFECT MY WARRENTY!! the most I could make over the standard car would be an extra 40-50rwkw, this would be within Ford's tolerences, thus Ford would have no trouble with the warrenty. Now if you put a unichip on a Turbo, you could turn the boost up to what ever you want, thus you could run 35psi for like 10 mins before it blows, so clearly Ford would be a bit concerned about unichips on the Turbo.

A good mate of mine has a new XY SS with a full aftermarket exhaust, throttle body, filter and inlet mods with a unichip AND 3.9 diff gears. Now he had a few warrenty issues with the drivetrain and Holden (sorry about the bad language!!) fixed it no trouble, this isn't just what he told me, I was there when he drop it off and picked it up.

Dave.

I believe that if you do those mods, then put a piston through the side of the block that Ford would not cover it. That goes for an XR6T or XR8. If you increase a cars power by 20% or more Ford would have every right to void the drive train warrenty. :thumbsup:

Guest 56Mainline
  • Guests

It may be that the Herrods dealer is the one who is warranting their work should it cause "a piston thru the block".

As the service dealer, they would determine what caused a fault/failure & whether it is covered by warranty (Ford Motor Company's or their own).

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 1d

With shorts motors available at trade prices from $1400.00 WGAF.

Scotty

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 1d

Hi ms700

Sorry, my mistake.

Long donk, how much?

Scotty

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m
It may be that the Herrods dealer is the one who is warranting their work should it cause "a piston thru the block".

As the service dealer, they would determine what caused a fault/failure & whether it is covered by warranty (Ford Motor Company's or their own).

yeah I'd that's what would happen :)

Dave.

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 19d
Anyways...ya modify...expect to loose your warranty. Just learn to accept it!

:thumbsup: I have a unichip, XR8 airbox, changed exhaust system, DBA rotors front & rear and spent last week fitting bigger injectors, there began the drama.

A wire came off the variable cam timing L.H side (not visable) and there was no way that the car would make more than 200kW, spent 4 days trying to find the issue, the mechanic who has fitted more than 100 unichips nearly went crazy. Anyway the car locked itself into limp mode and threw up every code in the computer. I rang my dealer service advisor, he laughed and told me to bring it over straight away. The head mechanic momentarily panicked when he saw all the codes, then within 5 mins had it all sweet again. The car is in today for a diff centre replacement (under warranty no questions asked) going to try refitting the 400cc injectors and retune the unichip again tomorrow.

Anyway my point is that I have owned Holdens, Toyotas, Nissans, and even a 500 cui V8 Coupe DeVille Cadillac, all from new, and I have never ever had such good service from any dealership anywhere in the world, they even fitted my DBAs and Ferodos F&R as a courtesy when doing the brake fix. I have never had any dealership go so far out of their way to help, even when they were within their right to tell me to sod off and void certain aspects of my warranty. Obviously it is customer versus dealer attitude and approach when it comes to what they will or won't fix.

So to my service guys at ????? ford in Perth. Thanks guys, that's why I've ordered my GT-P through you : :thumbsup: thumbsup: