Fog Lights/ Driving Lights

Guest cul08r

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 7d

I drive with my fog lights on too. I like the look of them. As far as I'm concerned, if anyone finds them dazzling, they must be looking directly at them because they're not very bright. All the people that winge about them need to get a life.

There is no mention in the Australian Road Rules about when you can and can't use front fog lights. Here in South Australia, there is no legislation regarding their use either. In most other states it is illegal though.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 10d
Hey Guys, has anyone actually turned them on /off and see what coverage they give ?

The Foglights are an absoulte must on any road where there will be wildlife. They light the shoulder left and right of the road close to the car, just where kangaroos, wallabies and wombats are like to be lurking.

Give your periherial vison that added boost to pick up something coming into your path that shouldn't be there.

Since they only have a projection of perhaps 20-30 metres, then I supose this will help avoiding a skippy or a wally...........if your doing 60 maybe.....

Am I the only sensible joker here???

If its wet,I turn em on

When its dry I turn em off

Country driving they should be on

Some of the hagay ones come with a lights on function from the factory :thumbsup:

vik

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 2d

I only use them sometimes during the day with my parkers, as I find they are useless for any illumination at night. I have replaced my headlights with the Osram +50, so I do not find the foglights useful at night.

I am planning on replacing the foglights with some aircraft landing lights that will only come on with highbeam as I think this will be more usefull.

I H A T E people that drive at night with lows and foggies on at the same time.....Commadore foglights seem to be aimed up to cause maximum glare, specially in the HSV models :kissmy:

I am all for the cops booking people for using them :thumbsup:

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 20d
Am I the only sensible joker here???

If its wet,I turn em on

When its dry I turn em off

Country driving they should be on

Some of the hagay ones come with a lights on function from the factory :kissmy:

vik

:thumbsup:

From my perspective on the Hwy coming home I can see the road better with all lights on, and not only from a wildlife perspective but I want to make sure I am seen by all the trucks and moron's that seem to use this particular stretch of hwy.

On Avg, 1 person killed per week on the western hwy, I am making sure it ain't me.

• Member For: 20y 5m 20d

The Holden "fog" lights are much brighter than the Fords, as the XR's top half of the globe has a coating over it so only the lower half of the light projects out.

I used to get flashed if I ever had them on in the SS, for whatever reason, all the time.

Never been flashed in the XR...

As far as I'm concerned the XR fog/driving lights are in no way too bright at night.

But yes, some are too bright and do P!SS you off.

It's not the front foggies that get to me, It's the $#%ing rear fog lights that people have on. Hyundai Excel is a classic example!! People drive with these on at night and they project a super intense red glow that is really distracting. And IMO more annoying. :thumbsup:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 2d
and moron's that seem to use this particular stretch of hwy.

That'd be me :thumbsup:

If you cant beat em join em.........

Never been given a flash from an oncoming vehicle like if you've got high beam on and there not that bright as has been said they just allow better periherial vison.

Who said they look good.... :kissmy: .....do you run in front of your car while it's travelling......

• Member For: 21y 10m 15d

I use them for the road conditions at the time. Dim available light ? - ON they go!

As a motorcyclist from way back its all about being seen. Way too may Adelaide drivers give scant regards to stop and give way signs and just pull out onto main roads. :gooff:

Thus, if I think there is the danger of some twerp performing said manoever in front of me, on go the driving lights. If they STILL pull out and cause me grief then I'm completely justified in giving the bas*ard motoring hell for the next kilometre. Call it personal Blues and Twos. High beam + Horn. :censored:

Mainly dawn and dusk are the optimum times I find.

cheers

• The Best Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 7d
Who said they look good.... :blink: .....do you run in front of your car while it's travelling......

I never said I look at them while driving. If I see an XR with its fog lights on, I think to myself "Wow, what a great looking car." I have mine on so that other people will think the same about my car.

That's probably over-simplified, but you get the idea. The same thinking applies to why I wash my car regularly.

Guest Maniac
  • Guests

I love my fog lights

I love my headlights

If It is slightly cloudy, I will drive with my fog lights on but my headlights off, if its night time, 90% of the time I drive with my fog lights on too...

Why?

I like to see what's on the side of the road and I dont know what car you drive, but my foggies light up the whole left and right hand sides of my car.