Canberra - Se Nsw Cruise. Sunday 24th September

Cro

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 22y 12d

It's been a while since there has been an ACT / SE NSW Cruise, and I've been promising to do this one for a while now so here it goes!

Canberra - Cooma - Bega - Tathra - Bermagui - Moruya - Batemans Bay - Braidwood - Canberra

When: Meet @ Caltex Petrol Station - Hume on the Monaro Hwy. 9am Sunday 24th September 2006

Note: No Vortex98 here.

We will be leaving @ 9:30am sharp for the drive down to Tathra via Cooma, Brown Mountain & Bega.

Once through Tathra the fun continues as we head North to Bermagui via some very tight and twisty roads.

The trip will eventually see us on the Princess Highway which we will follow till just after Narooma where we turn off to head through Kiangra and Dalmeny, and get back on the highway.

One into Moruya we will be turning off to head through Broulee, Malua Bay, and into Batemans Bay.

Then we run home up the legendary Clyde Mountain.

This is designed as a Canberra / SE NSW Cruise, however if enough Sydney siders want to join up I'll look into some form of accomodation for the Saturday night (I'll need it myself anyway).

What to bring?

Fuel $$ (will probably need 1.25 - 1.5 tanks)

Lunch (if you're not buying at the top along the way)

CB Radio (will make the experience safer and more enjoyable with all the inane chatter that goes on).

Warnings:

*This is a 6 - 7 hour drive (550kms), so beware if you don't feel like driving for that long.

*If you are after Optimax specifically you better fill up in Canberra and refil at Batemans Bay.

*People wanting to use BP Ultimate will be fine. There is Ultimate in Canberra, Cooma, Bega, Bermagui.

These details are only prelimanary, as I haven't traveled this route in about a year. In the next 3 - 4 weeks I'll be going through this route and will update this section as required.

So who is coming along?

Cro

Antisocial

RAP1D

Maybe

4runner

Iconic Bionic

harvyk

Phils XM

dat_40l

• Just sit back and enjoy the ride...!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 28d

Normally I'd be there with bells on, but unfortunately I'll be in Houston for work. I'll think about the fun you'll be having while I'm doing a tour of NASA's Johnson Space Center.

"Houston, we have a problem! Some FFB from Oz just hijacked the space shuttle..." :laughing:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 8d

Canberra - Cooma - Bega.

:blink:HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :laughing::crybaby:

Did it a couple of weeks ago and it was one of THE best runs I've done in a fair while, just watch out for the constabulary between Canberra and Cooma, it's a damn shame to as there nice open curves that are perfect for opening up on.

Hrmm it's only 7 hours from here to Canberra....

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
Canberra - Cooma - Bega.

:blink:HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :laughing:  :crybaby:

Did it a couple of weeks ago and it was one of THE best runs I've done in a fair while, just watch out for the constabulary between Canberra and Cooma, it's a damn shame to as there nice open curves that are perfect for opening up on.

Put your name down son.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
Canberra - Cooma - Bega.

:msm:HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :pinch:  :msm:

7 hours is nothing, you can even do a return trip :digowngrave:

If you think that road is nice, there are plenty of better ones on this cruise, and also the up-comming snowy run :spoton:

• Member For: 18y 6m 24d
Canberra - Cooma - Bega.

:spoton:HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :buttonit:  :kissmy:

7 hours is nothing, you can even do a return trip :stirthepot:

If you think that road is nice, there are plenty of better ones on this cruise, and also the up-comming snowy run :yikes:

I travel Cooma to Bega and return twice a month. Coming up Brown Mountain is great so far I have had 2 SS's pull over. I'll keep my eye on the Snowy Run. :sofa:

:censored: