crans

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 1d

Are we talking about the premium stereo system or can itbe used with a dispaly unit, if so where would it go?

Plenty more questions but have to get off the comp so daughter can do homework.

Scotty

• Member For: 18y 5m 16d

Base system will depend on bugdet.

Im currently designing it on an Old P3 550(Low power usage makes it ideal). The system being developed will work on any PC that has an AGP 4x slot and room for a TV tuner.

So if you have an old system not being used then this package could be very cheap to setup. For people wanting a completly new system. I am looking at using a Celron based system.

Im deleloping my own front end that will run on windows(currently windowsXP) but it should also run on 98 and over.

To control the system. im planning on supporting.

usb keypad.

usb mouse.

some sort of remote control.

Another idea I had was cutting up a usb joystick and turning it into a control system

Give me some ideas on how youd like to control it.

and if I have the time and money touch screen.

The interface will be making use of direct3D to make it look pritty.

The video car that will be used is the ArcadeVGA that's been mentioned here before.

So basically the system can be a buy and plug in. or use old parts and get it heaps cheaper.

Ill hopefully be able to post a demo soon but im waiting on my VGA card and power supply.

Migh post a demo of the interface for you guys to have a look at . But still got atleast a weeks work to do on it first.

BTW I will more than likely be giving this front end system away for free. So anyone can easily make there CARPUTER with information off this site

Edited by crans

• Member For: 20y 6m 5d
Ill hopefully be able to post a demo soon but im waiting on my VGA card and power supply.
I'd certainly be interested in seeing that

Panda

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 23d

I dunno.. it sounds like a lot of farting around for $600. That money can get you a decent DVD player with a couple of inputs and 3 outputs, that plays MP3s and VCDs, all controllable conventionally like a standard head unit. I can't see the advantage of getting a PC installed in your car with a complicated way of controlling it. I'm not putting your development down at all, just wondering what the main adantage is of having this system over a head unit which can do the same stuff but easier?