Zf 6 Speed Auto

jEtONiT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 17d
I read that these things were a closed box, which case they can't be modded internally. Is that true? What's the go??

No, that's not true. Schnitzer modify them in the BMW's they do up.

I rang CAPA today to follow up on the 6-speed auto support for the SCT software. They inform me SCT are working on the transmission support atm and will release the update when they come over here. Key is though, there's no indication when that will be at this stage :whistle: There are however limited functions in the existing software to enable the trans to cope with the higher torque outputs.

Also, I spoke to my trans builder today (he runs a large transmission repair shop in the nothern suburbs in Perth with quite a few knowledgeable trans rebuilders working for him), he's done a heap of the 5 speed auto ZF's in the european cars he services. He's quite confident they are capable of handling some decent power. He attending a transmission association conference next month, and will have more info on the ZF trans for the Falcon.

Apparently my car now has an appointment with him in September :stupid:

Edited by M6 XR6T

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m 21d

Sorry a bit off topic but took a ride in a mates BF XR6T 6 speed auto ute tonight and was amazed how good the thing goes. So smooth and was fish tailing in first gear. Not bad for a stock car. Doesn't take long to hit 160 and still goes alright at those speeds to. A nice improvement over the BA Turbo my brother used to have.

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 21d

These have been flogged in stock T's since Oct 05, surely there is more than one needing a rebuild....?????

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 1d

I see today FSIX has had his car re tuned and it's now making 340rwkw and the box is holding up so far.

Do we know of anyone running more power than this through a un touched ZF??????

• Member For: 19y 6m 28d
post-5969-1154427623_thumb.jpg

By allowing the rear wheels to walk up on the front rollers of the dyno (no tyre contact with the rear rollers) power and torque figures increase 10% respectively.

Cool - that will keep the rwkw quoting brigade happy wont it? They can get a 10% increase for free!

• 2 weeks later...