Newcastle Area

Muzza

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 9d

Im not sure. I have only dealt with him in regards to new coil packs and I must say he was good. But a bloke I know said he has messed alot of cars up. In saying that, its the only bad word I have heard about him.

• Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member For: 14y 9m 1d

Can anyone recommend where to get a tune in newcaste? Also someone who is good at diagnosing an annoying rattle from passenger side front wheel area (not suspension according to Pedders & Bowers)...

Make sure your rattle is not coming from an un-adjusted handbrake, as this will have an annoying rattle over mild bumps etc.

If you want to make sure its not your Handbrake, raise your handbrake level just that little bit to take the slack out of the cable... this may or may not work.

Otherwise if you are sure that it is a front wheel rattle

1) make sure your wheel is secure to your hub... yes it has been done before :)

2) it may be your disc pad tension clips, if they have lost there tensile, your disc pad will rattle. press your brake slightly while driving to see if the sound dissipates

3) Lastly you can check that your brake caliper bushes are not flogged out as you can get a really annoying rattle if they are, again press your brake slightly over bumps to see if this removes the sound.

As for tuners, I have never heard a bad word about black Track performance. and I have many mates had there cars done from there. So never take advise from one person buddy. Go there and see for your self. There are also many people in the Newcastle thread that have had there cars done from them. I would talk to Mitch aka (Dat-40L) he has a 10 second BF worked by Black Track.

Edited by FIERCE

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 29d

I only know of blacktrack mate. And not 100% sure he is around anymore, there was a rumour that he screwed too many cars over. If I was u I would take it to sydney (tunehouse, cms, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------------

Btw im a Kurri boy, im keen for a meet/cruise sometime.

Hey falky,

Justin doesn't really do tunning anymore as he has been f*cked around too much by rumours and unfortuantly the

Mining industry as he has unable to find any good trades to replace merv who was a gun fabricator and auto elec, so he had to put family first and now works at westrac, more money less worries, as well as the whole your a tunner in Newcastle you must not be as good as a Sydney tunner mentality.. So I guess your only choice is to go to Sydney now..

• Donating Members

Wow. that's sad to hear, obviously must have been screwed around alot to have to do that. As I said before I have only heard one bad thing about him (good chance it wasnt true). And when I dealt with him he was great and offered alot of input and answered all of my questions.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 29d

Yeah he was unable to match the pay rates of the mining sector around here and in the end that forced doors shut, abit hard to pay mine money and still keep reasonable rates.. He is still doing it for a few previous customers but no new guys.. He would of had to double prices of everything and that won't work when people just turn around and go I'll go to Sydney

• Donating Members

Mmmm. I wish him well then, when I went in he seemed like a good genuine bloke. Unlike some of the other performance shops where everyone seems to be stuck up and act like your an idiot etc.