Newcastle Area

Muzza

• 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 4m 1d

So keen man, wish I could come.

I took a mate for a ride in my car today and dropped the hammer. I am getting a huge flare between 3rd and fourth gear. Got me a bit worried actually, hope I don't need a rebuild.

Edited by Rhino1980

• Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member For: 14y 9m 2d

Pick me up Mitch ill shotgun lol I should have my car back and running this weekend

So keen man, wish I could come.

I took a mate for a ride in my car today and dropped the hammer. I am getting a huge flare between 3rd and fourth gear. Got me a bit worried actually, hope I don't need a rebuild.

sounds like you busted your clutches dude. not uncommon

• 09JET

yeah mate worst timing ever, bub on the way, pc just sh*t itself, on sh*t pay with 8 hour shifts at the moment too. These things always happen when you least need them too lol If it is farked I may as well get it built properly at kewish with a better input shaft, extra clutch pack and kevlar bands. Its only when im,rightmup it so it should be fine for the missus to putt to work in for a while...

Edited by Rhino1980

If it only slips in a specific gear change especially 3rd, 4th shift being the main torque shift of the box those clutch packs take a huge brunt. But as Mitch said the oil sure makes a big difference, especially the filter. once that filter blocks up with clutch fiber you loose a heap of punch and get a very slow sluggish shift change.

oh and yes, sh*t only happens when you least expect or need it ;) the main thing is to keep on rollin ;)

• 09JET

It had a new filter and pan about 7000kms ago. I get it flushed, replaced and see if it fixes it. If notmthen I have no choice but it wont be happening tomorrow. Unfortunately it will delay my return to the track. Just gotta roll with the punches I guess.