Newcastle Area

Muzza

• Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member For: 14y 9m 2d

I'll have the ZF.

Im not sure what there going for Veva ?. Ill be pulling her out within the week id rekon all depends, I just have to work in with CV for the tuning of the glide.

Edited by FIERCE

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m

dan what brakes do you have on the rear??

the ba rears were smaller then BF.. and FPV were bigger again... im running a TCE convertor as well.. my box was built by KEAS transmissons.. Dan im all for puttin a powerglide in a car but you do have a really nice F6 R-spec I would build the zf before going powerglide!! I would build the ZF true trac and albins billet axels.. but that's just my thoughts

Yeh BF rear fpv callipers. they look beefy. Well I dunno Mitch raceglides australia says if a want a no hassles box for punishment go the powerglide. So im still following it all through... I have to find out what mods I need to do to my shifter in my cabin etc....

• Donating Members

Ahh ok dan, just make sure bro.. I'm not trying to put you off it anything, but mine is just and xr where yours is abit more then just a xr.. But hey if your keen go for it

ohhhh now your making me feel all sentimental and sh*t lol..... Im making some strong decisions but I do know at high hp the zf keep breaking.. did you have to go to alot of trouble modding your inner gear shift area? if there is alot of screwing around there I will not do it I dont want to change appearance.

• Donating Members

There wasn't alot of modifying at all really, just new tailshaft, transcooler, custom gearbox crossmember, fitting the rachet shifter, in doing this I would buy a 4spd auto surround as you do need to notch it too suit the shifter.. Also the dellow bell housing, then there is alot of electrical stuff you have to bypass with the 6spd auto, where mine was manual and didn't have to worry about that..

Yeh, I think im going a little overboard with this project, I think ill stick with the 6 speed get a TCE converter, they did say they can remove the sequential option to put a trans brake into the zf box. but yeh id rather not touch the inside of my car.

• Like 1

Rang Dominello up again and had a nice chat, gave me all the ins and outs. He will have my car for 2 weeks. also adding a B&M trans cooler to remove the possibility for the standard cooler to bust.