Whiteline 27mm Front Swaybar

G6ET8U

• Member For: 21y 3m 12d
mod monster mod monster here I come!! good stuff Jack! it won't be long until you have one of the highly modified cars like some of the other members here (bullet, bcl xlnt etc)  your car is already tough as.. but I can see forsee a rebuilt bottom end within the year 

I might go down this path when I get my new tyres... or when I get my car sorted for that matter

:laughing:

Yeah... I'm on my way... it really is just crazy. I'm already saving for a brake upgrade... :msm:

And remember Jimmy this mod only cost about $140.00 in total fitted, and it's something you can enjoy everytime you turn a corner... that is my kind of mod!! Cheap as, and brilliantly effective... :laughing:

Jack :blink:

where can I get this fitted in sydney? would anyone know?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 24d

I tried the 30 on my GT and dropped back to the 27mm which has transited from all my FPVs to the next whenever I change them.

The 30mm makes the cars harse and apparently flogs out the tie rod ends very quickly :blink: .

The 27 IMHO makes the car turn in much faster and flatter. If you really want to pull it into line replace the back one with the whiteline as well and the improvement becomes even more noticable, especially at high speed, the wander disappears :laughing:

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 24d
I tried the 30 on my GT and dropped back to the 27mm which has transited from all my FPVs to the next whenever I change them.

The 30mm makes the cars harse and apparently flogs out the tie rod ends very quickly  .

The 27 IMHO makes the car turn in much faster and flatter. If you really want to pull it into line replace the back one with the whiteline as well and the improvement becomes even more noticable, especially at high speed, the wander disappears

That was my next question Hynodoc... and it is to those that have the rear bar fitted as well...

I took the car for a quick run up the (private) mountain (road) near my house and it's just brilliant... I couldn't believe the difference it made, it held it's line great and with more throttle application would then tighten the line even more, just the tail wanted to break away, but my question is how much different does the car react with the whiteline rear bar on as well?

I was exiting corners sideways in 2nd gear at around 80kph and tried a couple in 3rd at around 100kph and it was still chirping/sliding and struggling for grip out of those corners... does it make the car sit totally flat with the rear bar on? I could feel that the front was planted but the rear didn't seem to have anywhere near as much control...

Jack :smilielol:

• The Shire's Premium Speed Shop
  • Member For: 18y 4m 17d

Swaybars are undoubtably the best 'bang for buck' suspension improvment available.

We have a 30mm on the front of our Ute, and while it isnt really set up for the track, it does see Wakefield Park quite often. Increasing body roll stiffness in the front sharpens turn-in and promotes driver confidence. Increasing the rear will certainly give you more control as the weight transfer will be reduced.

Front solid spherical swaybar bearings ( see picture ) are also available for around $150RRP to replace the OEM items but this will increase NVH levels - ideal for track enthusiasts.

For less than $200 for a non-adjustable 22mm rear swaybar..I wouldnt hesitate.

:smilielol:

post-8874-1151293572_thumb.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 10m
Hey guys...

After seeing a few other people on here fit one on to their car, I thought I'd do the same...

This is the link to the swaybar here

So I chased one up through a mate, cost me $103.00, and had a place in Ferntree Gully fit it for me for a dozen Jim Beam cans ($34.00)... nice...

For the money (BFYB) it's easily one of the best mods I've done to the car... it rides so much flatter through corners, makes the car feel so much 'smaller' if that makes sense, you don't feel the weight of the car anywhere near as much... turn in is so much better, much more positive.  It holds it's line far better.

I live at the foot of Mt Dandenong and when I get the chance later today I'll head up the Mountain and test it out...

If you are thinking of doing this mod, do it... you won't regret it.

Jack  :smilielol:

:laughing:

I have the 27 mm front bar and 21 mm rear, and this is a good combo :smilielol:

Don't know about the 30 mm front bar, but I would think it would be a bit harsh.

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 21y 4m 1d
Swaybars are undoubtably the best 'bang for buck' suspension improvment available.

We have a 30mm on the front of our Ute, and while it isnt really set up for the track, it does see Wakefield Park quite often. Increasing body roll stiffness in the front sharpens turn-in and promotes driver confidence. Increasing the rear will certainly give you more control as the weight transfer will be reduced.

Front solid spherical swaybar bearings ( see picture ) are also available for around $150RRP to replace the OEM items but this will increase NVH levels - ideal for track enthusiasts.

So do you guys sell 27mm front sway bars and if so how much?

CYA JEFF :smilielol:

CYA JEFF :smilielol:

PM sent.

• Member For: 20y 6m 23d

:blink:

CYA JEFF :gooff:

PM sent.

Can I have one too please?

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 24d

The 30mm makes the cars harse and apparently flogs out the tie rod ends very quickly  .

The 27 IMHO makes the car turn in much faster and flatter. If you really want to pull it into line replace the back one with the whiteline as well and the improvement becomes even more noticable, especially at high speed, the wander disappears

That was my next question Hynodoc... and it is to those that have the rear bar fitted as well...

I took the car for a quick run up the (private) mountain (road) near my house and it's just brilliant... I couldn't believe the difference it made, it held it's line great and with more throttle application would then tighten the line even more, just the tail wanted to break away, but my question is how much different does the car react with the whiteline rear bar on as well?

I was exiting corners sideways in 2nd gear at around 80kph and tried a couple in 3rd at around 100kph and it was still chirping/sliding and struggling for grip out of those corners... does it make the car sit totally flat with the rear bar on? I could feel that the front was planted but the rear didn't seem to have anywhere near as much control...

Jack :blink:

Hi Jack.

With the bar on the bum as well, you will lose all your straight line wander and the car will come out of corners flatter, or you can push it much harder before it breaks traction in the bum :msm: , depending on tyres and road conditions of course. The front bar is excellent, the rear one added is thick choclate icing on the cake.

Cheers :gooff:

:blink:

CYA JEFF :gooff:

PM sent.

Can I have one too please?

PM sent