Whiteline 27mm Front Swaybar

G6ET8U

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 24d

Hey guys...

After seeing a few other people on here fit one on to their car, I thought I'd do the same...

This is the link to the swaybar here

So I chased one up through a mate, cost me $103.00, and had a place in Ferntree Gully fit it for me for a dozen Jim Beam cans ($34.00)... nice...

For the money (BFYB) it's easily one of the best mods I've done to the car... it rides so much flatter through corners, makes the car feel so much 'smaller' if that makes sense, you don't feel the weight of the car anywhere near as much... turn in is so much better, much more positive. It holds it's line far better.

I live at the foot of Mt Dandenong and when I get the chance later today I'll head up the Mountain and test it out...

If you are thinking of doing this mod, do it... you won't regret it.

Jack :mexicanwave:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you get the adjustable or the non adjustable?

Non-adjustable...

I couldn't see the point of getting something that I'll personally never use... I prefer to have 'set it and forget it'...

Jack :laughing:

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m

I just fitted a 30mm bar to the front of my ute and a 21mm rear bar kit (the utes dont normally have a rear bar) and i think its fantasic as Jack said the car feels lighter and about a metre shorter its great. I dont find the 30mm bar to stiff but i think in a sedan if you up rated both the front and rear bars a 30mm bar may be a bit stiff... :laughing:

• Member For: 20y 4m 14d
Is there a reason why people seem to be going for the heavy duty 27mm swaybar rather than the extra heavy duty 30mm version? Will the latter be far too stiff?

I went for the 27mm (some 2 yrs ago now) because at the time one of the Forum members reported the 30mm as being just too stiff which affected ride quality whereas the 27mm didn't.

• Member For: 19y 6m 29d

Buggy - I have a 27mm one on order - yes, I think the 30mm may be too stiff. I cant remember the numbers - but it is much stiffer than the 27mm (that 3mm makes a huge difference).

Remember too - a ute will be totally different because of the live axle in the rear. The handling charecteristics are quite different.

Edited by cobrav8

• Member For: 19y 4m 3d

mod monster mod monster here I come!! good stuff Jack! it won't be long until you have one of the highly modified cars like some of the other members here (bullet, bcl xlnt etc) :msm: your car is already tough as.. but I can see forsee a rebuilt bottom end within the year :laughing:

I might go down this path when I get my new tyres... or when I get my car sorted for that matter :blink:

mod monster mod monster here I come!! good stuff Jack! it won't be long until you have one of the highly modified cars like some of the other members here (bullet, bcl xlnt etc)  your car is already tough as.. but I can see forsee a rebuilt bottom end within the year 

I might go down this path when I get my new tyres... or when I get my car sorted for that matter

:laughing:

Yeah... I'm on my way... it really is just crazy. I'm already saving for a brake upgrade... :msm:

And remember Jimmy this mod only cost about $140.00 in total fitted, and it's something you can enjoy everytime you turn a corner... that is my kind of mod!! Cheap as, and brilliantly effective... :laughing:

Jack :blink: