• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• They see me rolllin n hatin...
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d
hi I installed 2nd cai I got from ford . get part no BAF9C676B ONLY $48

the BA2T9C676A IS THE TYPHOON one and costs more but they are the same thing.. :blush:

Is it the same for bfs too ? and the one u got is it from xr8 or something ?

• 1 month later...
  • Pelican
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d

Guys,

Just a quick update....

In the instruction sheet on the Install Kit, it mentions that it will take a few hundred km's for the ECU to get used to the extra air....

After about 1000km's my car has finally found it's form.....

Noticable differences :

1) car seems to have freed up....

2) turbo is coming on MUCH STRONGER & EARLIER

3) car wants to spin it's wheels MUCH more....

4) FUEL ECONOMY - Has improved by 40-60km pre tank.......

I drive from the Gold Coast to Bris most days of the week, plus a bit of fanging around locally.... each week is the same.... so these differences are quite noticeable....

Cheers

Scott

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 3d

Mate those are some great figuers. Just so there can be no doubting, lets try and clear up a few things.

a. At what kilomters did you fit the ss induction? To rule out the motor freeing up being the reason.

b. Could the difference be because of winter and the subsequent cooler air?

Mate if the answer of those two is not the reason for your improvements then it would seem that the SS induction is a great bit of kit.

Scotty

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 22y 10d

I'm still not convinced. I'd rather put $400 towards reducing the intake piping and crossover. I think a mod like the SS induction kit should be $100 max.

Here's Solean's Fact:

1) Do the 'fake' ones work as effectively? If they do, there's fact no 1...BUY A FAKE.

2) Do the 'fake' ones work as effectively? If they don't, why are SS inductions so concerned about immitators and are pursuing legal action? BTW, isn't 'SS' a GM Trademark? Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not bagging the product, but a serious pricing review is required........IMO.

• Pelican
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d

Saleen - I did not start this topic to convince anyone about the kit...

I merely wanted to state what I have observed and experienced first hand as there were too many emotional comments on the forum, hence not allowing people like me, who were considering an SS Ind. Kit to really know what the benefits may be.....

Is the price high for this kit ? Think I answered that one ages ago... YES.... As long as a "fake" one doesnt melt shut on you.... go for it......

At the end of the day, now that it has bedded in with ECU, I'd would probably say it's been a good investment..... I see it as a "stage 1" to bigger and better things down the road..... ( Redcliffe Dyno & RDP computer here I come !! )

Kimberley Scott - Car was fitted at the beginning of July when the weather was already cool..... Weather has not changed it...... Even on a warm day it's still better.....

Car had about 23,600 k's on the clock when I installed..... Just passed 25,000kms this week......

Cheers

Scott

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 21d

I bought on of the very early ones and it colapsed on me. When I rang them they said they knew nothing about any problems with them. (That may have been true back then)

Anyway off it came and now sits in my shed gathering dust, It is a very expensive dust collector.