Ss Inductions.....

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 21d

Jimmy I think it works just as well, if not better when the bonnet is closed, on the dyno I think it helps as they run the car with the bonnet open and the air is basically blowing straight in to it from the fan... but having never done back to back dyno runs before and after I couldn't tell you whether it worked or not, it does make the induction roar more noticable and the gobble sound more pronounced though...

Jack :tease:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Pelican
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d

OK,

An update to this....

I've just fitted the intake today.....

INSTALLATION :

- Fit was ok but ended up drilling my own holes to fit the intake to the airbox....

- Intake DOES fit together with the XR8/Phoon intake..

- re-inserting box with both intakes takes a bit of wriggling..... The best solution was to remove the hose from the water pump so that I could get the whole kit in correctly.....

ON THE ROAD :

- Turbo spools much faster

- Definitely a noticeable increase in pickup and power delivery.... NICE !!!

MORE FACTS :

- Instruction sheet DOES mention that it WILL take a few hundred KM's for the ECU to get used to more airflow........

FINAL VERDICT :

- Is it worth it..... well, I'm not sure..... I mean YES it IS good, but for the price of two of these you could get an edit........

- At the end of the day I think, personally I'm happy with the purchase as, no matter what you do with your car, it WILL need to breath better......

Cheers

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 26d

Does it actually increase the size of the hole going into the airbox? If not, I can't see how this would benefit since there is still the same size hole. It's not like you are increasing the capacity of the airbox.