Ss Inductions.....

• Member For: 15y 9m

Lol, your never going to get PHANTM to see the light.

I still think im the only FG owner who has tried 5 different induction set ups on their vehicle. Ive had the stock set up, stock box with K&N filter, then the V8 airbox with K&N filter, then onto the SS Inductions box and now I run the Process West airbox.

It goes without saying that the Process West set up is far superior to all of the above, but I do believe the SS product gave far better sound and performance then the V8 airbox did. I sold my SS Inductions growler to another forum member who was running the V8 airbox and I have no complaints from him that it was not an improvement, quite the opposite. The difference in induction note alone makes it a much better product then just opting for another stock airbox on the car.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 4m 1d

Nothing to do with seeing the light Hiro.

You guys are trying to compare F6 and XR's.

Two different configurations.

XR09, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to explain exactly, but if there is one restriction and it is opened up then there is going to be a gain made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 4m

SS could always clear the conjecture up with some measured results. It wouldn't be hard to get a before and after done by a reputable dyno equipped workshop. My mate fitted one of their products to his AU Fairmont a couple of years ago after a base run and with the SS kit he made about .2kw extra from memory. Not where I would have spent my cash...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 1m 16d

After a bit of googlín' and reading up on what I could find here and on fordforums I decided that it couldn't do much harm and for the money invested, it was worth a try.

There wasn't a hope in hell that I'd pay retail for the growler kit and although I'd prefer to buy one of the CAI's from the sponsors here, $500-$650 ish is a bit much for me (especially when the stock air box was happy to make my 308rwkw. I am a fan of the stock appearance it deliers though.

The kit set me back $99 + shipping and was here the day after I ordered it from an ebay seller (the only only one I could find).

I already have a Process West cooler (stage 1) and was worried that the big mouth kit wouldn't fit. Luckily for me the clearances are perfect but it made me realise that those with the stage 2 or equivalent sized cooler will not be able to fit this big mouth kit.

Here's just one without the plastic cover piece, note Crownie strategically positioned for scale :)

IMG_3666.jpg

I used a little bit of sillicone to secure the scoop to the plastic as added insurance to the 2 supplied self tappers

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

As I mentioned, I'm particularly happy with fit and finish and the clean stock look is a winner

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

Now I'm not expecting to feel any real difference, it was done as I figured the more air the better and figured every little bit helps, especially if it's not setting me back a fortune.

HAven't taken it for a drive yet but will let you know if theres a noticable difference. :)

• Member For: 16y 1m 16d

I will be getting it retuned and will wack up a dyno sheet however I've had the exhaust changed since it made the 308 rwkw previously. That was with the old 3" single (yes, an epensive mistake) I've since gone to a 3.5" single which is already noticeably better flowing.

The big mouth surely is an improvement on stock, the more I think about it the more it makes sense. It's got a massive scoop channeling air straight into the intake at the point where air pressure is greatest (when moving).

• 5 months later...
  • Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d

Allright I have ordered a growler from ebay for $485 delivered, my before figure is 281 rwkw at 10psi, I am just waiting for it to arrive, then a couple of weeks later I will get the car tuned which I was going to do anyway 18 psi?, so on the initial run I will be able to see if there is any difference between before and after. The only reason I went for the growler over anything else is because it has more of a factory appearance to it.

Edited by Slymeat

• Member For: 14y 4m 12d

So does anyone want to sell me their S growler kit for my FG xr6 Turbo?

I am going to get one but would see if I can get a genuine second hand before I buy new price.

My understanding is that the growler fits onto the side of the air box, do you have the pod filter with the growler set up plus standard panel filter? So then it would make sense to either remove or change the stock panel filter?

thanks