Ss Inductions.....

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 4m 1d
can someone tell me why the xr8 v8 snorkle has the mesh in it, and when the 6 cyl turbo does not.

Basically the XR8 snorkel is a different component manufactured for a different application.

You might want to talk to one of the engineers who designed the XR8 snorkel and ask why it is so.

Good luck with that one though.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 9m

Ive gone from Stock F6 air box, to the SS inductions growler, to the V8 air box and snorkel and now im running the Process West air box after relocating the battery.

Take the Process West air box out of the equation, as it is clearly the best product currently available. I thought the SS Inductions Growler was a far superior product to changing over to the V8 box. Induction noise is awesome compared to the V8 box. There is no increase in induction noise from the stock F6 box to the V8 box. I noticed a considerable difference in performance when I went from the SS Inductions growler back to the V8 box. I would like to have tried the V8 box with a K&N filter in it, but didnt bother.

None were ever tested on the dyno against each other, but I made 349rwkw with the SS Inductions system on board.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m

PHANTMXR6, why do you hate on the SS Inductions product so much? Ive used it and tested it against the other options and found it to be a great product. Ive get no benefit in saying it out performed the "stock" product.

Considering my FG made 349rwkw with the SS Inductions growler and then dropped performance when I went back to the V8 air box, my opinion would be $450 for the SS Inductions Growler is a good buy and a step forward from a stock air box.

Have you heard the difference in induction noise from the SS box compared to the V8 air box? It's heaps better.

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 4m 1d

HIRO F6, it's not a hate thing at all.

Everytime I see a Growler kit I always see claims of power gains but neveer see a dyno sheet to prove it.

I haven't tested one myself, but I have run back to back tests with the standard intake system and the XR8 lower airbox and snorkel on my car.

From a dollars and sense perspective, about $185 for a proven 11rwkW gain as opposed to a 'claimed xyz gain' without a dyno sheet to prove it for double if not more cost, I think I chose well. :Imwifhim:

The F6 is in a different league due to different turbo, but I have proven a substantial gain for less than half the price of the Growler on an FG XR6T.

As for difference in noise, that doesn't concern me. Proven performance gains do. If it sounds better so be it, but at the end of the day I don't want to spend money on something that sounds good but doesn't perform.