Ss Inductions.....

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d

Thanks for the input guys....I cut some tape holding the lighting loom which gave me some more room. I managed to fit it in but the bottom of the CAI seems to be slightly pushing on the AC piping and the side of the CAI is still hard up against the headlight. I have taken some pics and will post them later tonight...my PC died this morning. Do they usually rest on the AC piping? I was considering puting some heater pipe with a slit in it to sit on the AC piping to stop rubbing and possible wear. As for the head light side I was considering just filing down the side that hits it by about 5-10mm(possibly cut). Does this sound like a good option? Sorry to harp on about it but I am just so keen to get it on and go to the drags this Saturday......I want at least a 13 second.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 8m 12d

Yeah I know...bad pics...but serios? it is hard as to get any pics in there. Well if anyone is still reading this thread I would be interested to hear their comments on my last msg about the ac piping..should I cover it up with some hose etc? Also I am thinking of making a customn Ally pipe from the cross-over the the CAI using turbo hose, clamps etc. Big question, I am thinking of doing this tomoz and going for a drive of about 100klms or so b4 saturday. SHould I run it down the strip on saturday or really do a power pass at the dyno to check on AFR's?

• Member For: 17y 8m 1d

im thinking about getting the growler intake or the xr8 lower intake box and snorkel for my fg..

I just wanted some opinions on them... has anyone installed a growler intake on their fg's? how does it sound, any videos etc...

I know the xr8 lower airbox and snorkel and producing an extra 11rwkw.. that's been proven...

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 4m 1d

The last three words in your post is the key mate. :upsidedown:

The growler kit for the FG has not.

Some have commented on the build quality not being that flash either, and quite frankly, to spend that much money and not get, or only get a couple of more rwkW over the XR8 stuff is money that could be spent elsewhere. In my opinion of course.

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 4m 1d

Yes and no.

If you buy the snorkel and box from FTG Auto salvage the snorkel comes already modified.

If you buy it from Ford you will have to modify the mouth to clear the bonnet.

Also, the snorkel will need some heat trreatment and flexing to give more clearance to the accessory drive belt.

If you do a search in this section there are a few pics and some good descriptions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 8m 1d

well just installed the xr8 box and snorkel tonight on my fg xr6t!!! wow how much bigger is the snorkel and opening on the box compared to the turbo ones!!! big diiference....

everything went on fine only thing I had to do was trim the mouth of the snorkel so I could get the bonnet to close..

once that was done took it for a spin.. at first seemd a lil un responsive... not sure if this was the comp adjusting but over the course of the night progressivly got better!!