Ss Inductions.....

• Member For: 17y 4m 26d

just installed my growler kit and wat can I say but wow! the induction noise is crazy and the sound when u get of the throttle is awesome. pluss the extra punch when ya hit the accelerator is nice lol.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Sexy Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 10d

Nice work mate! Have to get some pics up and show us what you've done, I don't doubt for a second that spooling will sound better, ive heard that these kits arent too bad either, so thanks for the post...

Oh and :blush:

Cheers,

Matty.

• Member For: 16y 9m 22d

Got one on my XR6T it is f*cking fantastic. Much more punchy off of the line and you can feel boost come on instantly when kickdown from cruising, it's induction roar is louder than the stock exhaust and the flutter on throttle off sounds loud enough to have pedestrians snapping their necks to see what the sound is coming from. Buy from ebay if you get one as I saved myself $240 got it on bidding for $360 reg price $599 most satisfying mod I've ever done. when I first drove it couldn't wipe smile off of my face. And first time it fluttered on throttle close I Just giggled to myself like a little schoolgirl. Took me from 200.5 rwkw to 217.3 rwkw when fitted with a powerstat theremostat at same time Also was informed that will not tune into full power for another 500kms so I'm waiting to re dyno the Car for the run in rwkw. Also gave me significant torque increases pre and post spool up. Fuel consumption is also lower than standard when I'm holding speed, overall can't tell you as I spend too much time on boost.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 24d

Probably not quite as good.

One option that was doing the rounds in the early days was to fit the XR8 air filter setup.

I put an APS intake on mine and that opens the standard air box right up.

• 1 month later...
  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 15d

Hey guys,

Just wondering if addng a CAI to my BF XR6 would be a good thing or a waste of time and money...

I've seen one for $200 second handhand I was thinking about purchasing it. Reasonable?

I've read what they "say" it does - but can anyone tell me from experience, if its worth doing?

Also - can install it myself? I'm a bit crap with cars...

Thanks guys,

Dan

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 13d

Save yourself 120 bucks and buy the typhoon CAI. Easy to fit and does a better Job. :roflmbo: