Ss Inductions.....

• Member For: 15y 9m 1d

Good point Captn Cranky. And they are replacing the stock V8 air box to the SS Inductions prodct too.

I just think PHANTMXR6 is just trying to deny the SS Inductions product so he can avoid having buyers remorse.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 6m 2d
if you can justify spending $450 on a peice of plastic sure why not..

personally id rather spend that on a 4' intake from one of the sponsors than ANYTHING from SS Reductions.

Who do you suggest?

• 5 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 21d

HIRO F6, it's not a hate thing at all.

Everytime I see a Growler kit I always see claims of power gains but neveer see a dyno sheet to prove it.

I dont know that the Dyno sheet realy justifys the benifit of the growler like Hiro has said, It does sound a sh*t load better, far more induction noise and more flutter. Is also a bit more responsive which you can kind of pick up from the curve..

at the end of the day it is your money, havent tried the V8 airbox but I find it hard to see how a panel filter arangement could give better flow than the big pod filter in the growler kit.(and I did have the K&N filter in my f6 airbox made sweet f@#$ all difference)

I would like to get my hands on the XR8 snorkel and modify it to fit the growler box in place of the factory set up, I think this could be better again. anyone have one they would like to off load?

The boys supporting the Process west sytems etc are right this is better again but involves moving or lowering the battery for the intake so is a bit more involved.

I would say the growler + Exhaust + flash tune would be a good way to kick start modifying your car and offer some noticable gains in performace and sound...

post-37967-12603619957_thumb.jpg

post-37967-126036201756_thumb.jpg

Edited by 310_FSX

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 4m 1d

Comparing gains between an F6 and an XR6T are completely different due to the turbo's.

I can't comment on the F6, but the XR6T I've tested with the XR8 parts and saw positive gains.

The other product I can't comment on, but if cost was involved, the other product wouldn't get a look in.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I think it's hard to pick one bit of a puzzle over the other.

The whole shabangabang has to be balanced. As in the SUCK (air in) BANG (timing) BLOW (exhaust) To get the most gains.

Putting in a bigger air box by itself is not going to do much at all, possibly give you a flat spot even.

So add the whole cost for the gained power.