Ss Inductions.....

• Member For: 15y 6m 21d

gents,

I have heard (and read) that the SS inductions Growler kits are a waste of time and money, not resulting in any RWHP for XR6 T or V8 commy's for that matter.

anyone here running one, how do you find it? what are some other (better) options that you have seen some REAL power increase in your T?

I have seen some discrete black pipework coming from the splitter, up behind the headlight and straight into the airbox. looked a bit amature but the dude said it was RAD! anyone done anything like this here?

cheers, beers.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• ANGEL EYES
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 28d

IMO don't waste your money! Save up and buy a bigger cooler. I had one installed when purchased the car. Eventually fell to bits where it mounts to the bonnet. Put your money into other mods. Injectors, custom tune, cooler, valve springs the list goes on lol!

:bowdown:

• Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 15d

Hey mate,

I have one on my T. It was there when I bought it. It does give some improvement and the induction sound is sick!

But as GR8 said, spend your money on more worthwhile mods. As far as a CAI system goes, buy a Typhoon CAI, which is your current airbox + another intake on the lower half of the airbox. Costs about $70 on ebay and has great gains. Many members run this set-up and its a great mod for very cheap.

Good luck,

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m

I put the XR8 kit on last week, no more induction noise over standard really, but the pick up in 1st and 2nd is better, its definitely more responsive. Just make sure you do the snorkel mods with the plastic. I just chucked it on and the next day noticed rubber dust from the belts as mentioned above by Phantom.

• Member For: 17y 8m 1d

yep induction sound didnt change really!! did feel a lil stronger... yeah make sure u trim the snorkel, I havent had to touch the back bit of it as it hasnt rubbed at all and its been on the car for about a month now! :)

induction sound might change when I add a k&n panel filter though ?

• Member For: 15y 9m 18d

we guy just got back from the dyno just now and got a big shock with the V8 air box we made 226.8rwkw then we fitted the standed air box and made 233.1rwkw so we did 4 more power runs with both boxs and they stay the all but the same then we look at the snorkel and found that the mesh in the lower part of the snorkel was drawing hot air from the fans we tape it up and did a few more power run and the power came up to 236.9 so we gain about 4rwkw we did not get any were near 11rwkw

Steve

• Member For: 21y 7m 29d

That is interesting, can someone tell me why the xr8 v8 snorkle has the mesh in it, and when the 6 cyl turbo does not. I will be doing a few tests, first with stndard airbox and fg k&n, second with xr8 airbox and snorkle and k&n, should be interesting