Ss Inductions.....

• Pelican
  • Member For: 19y 2m 25d

Hi All,

Well, to go sideways first, things have changed slightly for me, so... I wont be getting an F6... Plan B if you like.... meaning I start the mod path on my T.....

NOW.... after reading all and sundry emotional messages here about the SS Inductions air intake, and, after driving past their new factory on the M1 in Ormeau (Qld). I decided to stop in, and ask a few questions direct.....

I asked them to join this forum, but they are a bit too busy to get into keyboard fights.....

They have a stocktake sale on at the moment, so, I picked up a kit for my T... $385.

FACT 1 : - Testing of the products for the 6cyl are all done on an XR6 TURBO UTE..... had a look for myself.....

FACT 2: - Current generation intake is MUCH thicker than the 1st generation, and has multiple upright supports. if you have an older gen kit, you should call em.... very nice people to deal with...

FACT 3: - there are FAKES out in the market.... legal fights underway right now to stop at least 2 copycats in NSW...

FACT 4: - ebay items - NOT SURE about quality.... I know they are cheaper, but what are you actually getting ? are they the real thing ?

FACT 5: THE BIG ONE !!!! - Main issues with SQUASHED intakes are caused by people not reading the bloody instruction sheet, which CLEARLY STATES, you need to either remove the entire front bonnet seal, or cut out a section of it.... the SS Inductions T Ute I looked at had the seal removed completely.....

FACT 6: the current generation kit WILL work if you have a Typhoon CAI installed as well... SS Ind ute has that also....

THE KIT : contains : Intake, screws, sticker, foam seal, instructions & aluminium air ram scoops

I hope this helps people like me who've been sitting on the fence about this product..... after talking to the people direct and hearing what they had to say, it was enough for me to buy one.....

I'll add to this topic once I've got it installed and can advise on the feel...... I'm not into a dick fight about how many KW's extra it generates... I want to know what it FEELS like.....

Cheers All...

Scott

PS - not getting F6 anymore..... set my sights on an AMG CLS55 !!! if I meet biz targets !!! Will keep the T as a toy...... BRING ON THE EDIT !!! no 19" wheels.... keepin it stealth......

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 19y 4m

mines squashed, and I've had the entire seal removed since installation. Do you think I should call them? will there be a new item sent out?? or will it be better for me to slightly modify my current one, and cut it out a bit..

not that it really matters to me, it still does the job, just doesn't look as appealing.

• Pelican

Why dont you call em.... worst they could say is no replacement I guess......

Jimmy, did you notice any improvement to the car after install ???

Cheers

Scott

PS / NB / Whatever to all : I have no relation or interest whatsoever to SS Inductions.....

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 21d

Good post Pelican...

Heaps of people seem to bag out the SS Inductions Kit but I have one too... and here is a few pics of what I have done to mine. I have opened mine up a bit more... I have also removed the entire bonnet rubber.

Jimmy might be an idea to get around the squashedness... :sick:

XRT8U (Pete) put me on to it...

post-7603-1151154680_thumb.jpgpost-7603-1151154636_thumb.jpgpost-7603-1151154698_thumb.jpg

Jack :laughing:

Edited by XR6TUte

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 21d

When I first put the SS Inductions on, yes I did, it was quite noticable, I bought the SS Inductions Kit on the way home from picking my car up the day I bought it... and we fitted it straight away...

The car revved far more freely than the stock car, it was a good comparison from my point of view as I had to drive the car about 30k's from where I picked it up (the car was 2nd hand 43,000k's on the clock) to where we bought the SS and then on to where we fitted it... it seemed to me and my passenger to pick up better when entering on to the freeway through 2nd and 3rd... I took 2 different mates with me before it was fitted and after and they both felt as though the car was slightly quicker than it was with the stock intake assembly on...

So I know it's only seat of the pants, but seat of pants doesn't lie either... seat of the pants tells me now that my car will spin 2nd gear on the street all way to 120kph at 6500rpm whereas for whatever reason it won't replicate this on a dyno... :spoton::sick:

Jack :laughing:

• Pelican

Jack,

Thanks for that..... Seat of the pants is what is important to me.....

I see too many people on here who seem to get wound up about the SS intake...... thought to myself, these people should know what they are doing..... and thought, stuff it, let me go and talk to them directly..... a bunch of nice people is what I found... and what they are doing, makes sense.....

Development vehicles :

XR6 Turbo Ute... Auto, but with new piping for the turbo & BOV....

HSV Grange LS1 300kw....

Development done for the real world... these people are car nuts like us.....

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 3d

Kev is a good friend of a well known member here and gets plenty of publicity for his gear!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m

Yeah the seat o the pants meter is my fav dyno too... numbers and graphs are great but if it makes you smile then its money well spent

• Member For: 19y 4m

in all honesty mate, I didnt feel the difference, not in performance anyways. I did notice a better induction noise as the air got sucked in, and I also noticed a louder gobble gobble when I backed off the accelerator. BUt for me to say I noticed the kw gain, wouldn't be truthful... it did make more power on the dyno, but I couldn't feel the difference.. when the edit was installed... then I could tell the difference. I think its just hard to feel the difference for a couple of kw. just my opinion anyways.

Jack, good idea about opening her up a bit... but, do you think having it that open is still being as effective?? it looks as though the air would go straight over it?? I suppose it does still work a treat, as you recent results prove this!