Turbosmart Blow Off Valves Thread

urslow

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 18y 7m 12d

quick question - realise this is all an old posting, but after installing this mod, are any other modifications required to the vehicle like tuning?? I would have everything standard and would be interested in installing this bov...

tanks

stevo

• Member For: 18y 5m 18d

No Mods required at all, everything fits straight up. There is a reducer to take the 5mm hose to 6mm hose. that's it.

No need for a tune either.

• Member For: 18y 11m 30d

Err, really? I didn't use a reducer on mine - the vacuum hose went straight onto the 25mm Kompact BOV, as did the boost & plumback hoses. Direct replacement - that's why I bought it.

...and just confirming, no, you don't need a retune. You can fit this to your bog stock XR6T, and not have to touch anything else. You might even say it's "Plug 'n' Play", if I'm allowed to use such dry humor this close to beer o'clock.

• 9 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 2m 4d

Hi all, I was just wondering if the kompact turbosmart bov makes a louder sneeze than the standard bosch one? This question has probably been asked b4.cheers

• Member For: 17y 11m 27d

Yes they are louder, I have one on my T. However it's abit loud for me and I'm going to sell it.

They are a good piece of kit and you get some good looks.

They retail for about 320, I'm selling for 180 plus delivery. If you interested give me a bell.

Dale

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 10m 18d

when I bought my BOV I seen that there is a plug type of thing that came with it. it has a thread on it for screwing into something. just wondering if anyone has the same BOV and if they know what the plug is for and where it goes on the BOV?

Cheers, Beau.