Turbosmart Blow Off Valves Thread

urslow

• Member For: 16y 1m 2d

something I would like to know aswell, does it sound the same as a supersonic when u adjust it to full atmosphere?? also besides the size whats the difference between the kompact and normal dual port?

• It's not a MKI!
  • Member For: 16y 3m

There is no feature on the Kompact series to allow full atmospheric discharge.

It is staged purely by port position internally.

I don't know how the Supersonic sounds, but if the port size and trumpet are similar then they would sound very similar.

• Jamie
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 14d
Anyone know what they sound like compared to the stock BOV that's just vented? Louder? Different/higher pitch? etc

ive tried it like this and compared to my kompact bov on soft setting, it sounds the same

• Member For: 15y 11m 17d

I've just ordered a Turbosmart Kompact Supersonic BOV from Auto Barn and will pick it up and fit it tomorrow. I know these things are illegal on the street. Just wondering if anyone with BOV fitted got any issues with the issurance. Should I ring up and tell them that I just fitted a BOV or just ignore it. If they still insure my car, I'll definitely ring up and tell them otherwise I'll take it off in case of any accidents involved later on. Mine with AAMI.

• Member For: 15y 11m 17d

Just fitted a Turbosmart Kompact Supersonic into my car and very disappointed at the sound of it. It got a flutter sound (tututututut) intead of the BOV (ppshshshsh) and the Autobarn guy said the supersonic one should be loudest in the Kompact series but I hardly hear anything even at full boost (9psi). It sounds not much better than the stock flutter sound at all.

Can anyone got Turbosmart Kompact BOV fitted tell me what yours sound like and how loud it is? Does the hard-soft setting help with the sound? Which setting sounds louder?

• Member For: 16y 8m 21d

I dunno bout kompact but adjusting my megasonics tension doesn effect the sound, its either a I <3 Bananas loud PSCHHHHHH or a I <3 Bananas loud PSCHHHHHH :stickpoke: but I dont like it.. I want full dose :biggrin:

Why don't you two swap then :idunno:

Or, take your BOV completely off MRDOSE. I don't run one & get massive flutter most of the time, just a loud pscchhh when I realy get stuck into it.

Edited by 03XR6T

• Member For: 16y 8m 21d

I was running it of for ages... till I hit full boost (15psi) followed by a loud bang, followed by me sh*tting my pants only to notice I blew of the cold side piping... so I figured itd be a good idea to get rid of all that air inside the pipe lol

• Member For: 17y 6d
Can anyone got Turbosmart Kompact BOV fitted tell me what yours sound like and how loud it is? Does the hard-soft setting help with the sound? Which setting sounds louder?

Have you tried venting the stock BOV?

If you're getting turbo flutter ONLY, and not a BOV noise (ie PTCHHHH!) your BOV isn't venting, which means something isn't set up correctly. If you have it set to the hardest setting it won't vent at all and just give flutter, softest setting is full atmo vent which means loud PTCCHH!.