Turbosmart Blow Off Valves Thread

urslow

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 11d

I had my BOV spring set too soft and I think that was the cause of my boost leak sound my car was making. Simon made it firmer and it seemed to fix the problem. It just flutters a lot more now that its a firmer spring setting.

• Member For: 16y 10m 24d

im with XF on this one. I had mine set to the hardest n it felt better by way of response as oppsoed to being set on the lose setting.

iv since put the stock BOV back on now though..the PSSHHH every 2 secs got on my nervs lol. might take the BOV off completly n see how it goes.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d
Do you reckon they sit there all day and discuss BOV's? They must be fully sick..

It is their job, I guess if they didn't know anything about it they wouldn't be the biggest turbo accessory manufacturer in the world :laughing:

• Member For: 16y 11m 3d
I had my BOV spring set too soft and I think that was the cause of my boost leak sound my car was making. Simon made it firmer and it seemed to fix the problem. It just flutters a lot more now that its a firmer spring setting.

The guy at Turbosmart said no matter if its on soft or hard it wont leak boost. He said all it will do is close the shaft quicker or slower when blowing off dependant upon soft or hard... ie letting more or less air being vented...

He said it has nothing to do with boost leaks....???? What do we think??

Also Do the stock bovs leak or it that just a Turbosmart myth...

Edited by hulk xr6t

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 11d

If the spring is set too soft, and your making heaps of boost, sure there is the vacuum line on the BOV but im sure the boost will lift up the valve a little bit and let a bit of boost out, yeah? or not :P

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

you ahve to remember the stock BOV is only a 25mm too, once the boost starts to rise a larger BOV is a better idea so it is more efficient, a 38mm would be good for anything over 10psi IMO

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 21d

Finally bought something I could easily fit myself. I have put in the replacement TurboSmart Blowoff valve. It fitted in no hassels at all. Once fitted I turned it back half a turn form full tension. Is this correct or is there something more scientific I should do :sofa: ?

Cheers

Edited by hypnodoc

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 1d

There should be an adjustment mark that you cannot exceed and screw past. Anywhere between there and full shut is fine. Just depends how easily you would like it to expel air.