To Badge Or De-badge

chipa_12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 6m

Quote:

Everytime I see an XT I try and convince the missus that the car would look the goods without a spoiler, but alas, the answer remains the same.

I had to drive to Melbourne and leave her 2 hours away just to get the badges off without an earfull, and now she likes it!

Maybe you need to tell her that there is a good second hand market for spoilers - and that she can buy some earrings or something.

Edited by cobrav8

• THE Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 18d
I've taken the badge's off the back except for the turbo badge... looks a bit cleaner I think...

Jack  :idunno:

I can't believe Jack has missed an opportunity to post up a pic of his car!!!

Mind you it has a pretty hot debadged rear end! :laughing:

Chooka

Edited by Chooka

• Member For: 19y 6m 22d

OK back to the original topic.

I don't like de-badged \ de-spoilered cars as I perfer something that also looks the part.

If I see a de-badged \ de-spoilered car I see it as a family car. (all be it a fst family car) with the badges and spoiler (without going over the top) I think it really makes the car look good and not just another $29,990 family car.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 4d

I prefer badges on but I have taken badge off. It becomes a nice surprise to other w*nkas on the road when they dont expect it, and I dont want to be car jacked all because its the turbo model.

• Member For: 19y 3m 3d
OK back to the original topic.

I don't like de-badged \ de-spoilered cars as I perfer something that also looks the part.

If I see a de-badged \ de-spoilered car I see it as a family car. (all be it a fst family car) with the badges and spoiler (without going over the top) I think it really makes the car look good and not just another $29,990 family car.

that's why you choose a colour that ford don't paint the XT :laughing: ie blood orange! so now, most people know that my car is a de-spoilered non XT :spoton:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 4d

Slightly off topic but still on the subject of badges. Must say I haven't seen the arse end of too many BA Phoons, but had occasion to go to the FPV dealer that I bought Ole Yella from. ( I get my services done elsewhere)

Whislt heading off to the spare parts dept I checked out a nice Sillouette BA Phoon in for service and noticed it had a FPV badge on the left handside of the tailgate ..... mmmm mine doesn't and never has.Proceeded to check out all the other BA FPV's all had the badge WTF where's mine :crybaby:

Spoke to the Chimps in service .... naaah can't help you, you will have to see the Salesperson who sold you the car.So off to the new cars area I go and end up speaking to the head monkey after getting fobbed off here and there wasting my time.( Original Salesperson was not there , I assume any longer)

Explained nicely ( still whilst f'ing fuming) that this was obviously missed at pre delivery and could I please have my badge ordered?.

No. must have been stolen was the reply. :idea31: Lappy in car, dated photo's in car :spoton: Same date as purchase ,got to be a chance here. Nup sorry can't help you wasn't picked up at delivery WTF :nono: How was I supposed to know then whether it was supposed to have a farking badge there :gooff:

At the end of it they the :censored: s wouldn't budge over a freakin badge, and I was calm polite through out.

We buy ~ 30+ cars from this dealer per year and this is how they treat you.

PETER WARREN FORD - WARRICK FARM :kissmy:

:finger: Last car you sell to me or mycompany, condescending farkers