Just Bought

Romulus

• Member For: 18y 6m 6d
Hey Jason, have you fitted the Nizpro kit yet?

I've fitted the Cobra inlet manifold and intake, along with the ASE intercooler.

Since post #77, I've had the twin 3" system with twin 3" cats removed from the car and have changed exhaust design. Utilising the stock dump pipe, upgraded actuator, 3.5" single system with 1 3.5" metalcat, Siemens 60lb injectors the car has made 351.1rwkw. Best of all, boost ramps up to a maximum of 16.5psi @ 3750rpm and tapers off to 14.5psi @ peak rpm. Power is limited by the stock valve springs.

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :spoton:

Hey M6,

Check Nizpro's website & look @ the customers car section for Angelo's BF F6.

Here you will see a Nizpro tuned BF Typhoon producing a genuine 386 RWKW utilizing STOCK VALVE SPRINGS :spit:

Maybe you should purchase a full Nizpro exhaust the same as this car runs to gain some easy HP & reduce the the back pressure on your exhaust valve springs!

Cheers

An interesting point, but I'm sceptical on some of the power figures being quoted. Such as, stock BF F6's making 250odd rwkw. I've never seen one make that much power on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, ever. Perhaps other types of dyno's read higher, hence the higher base and peak figures. What ET and MPH does that F6 run?

The quickest F6 runs 11.6X with 340rwkw, and the owner of that car is of the opinion the factory valve springs are at their limit. With all due respect, who is to argue with someone with the quickest F6, right? What matters is the ET, not the BS power figures made.

I do agree though the exhaust back pressure needs to be reduced, hence the installation of a dump pipe and a bigger cat. What I should have said is power is limited by the exhaust I was using (stock dump pipe), rather than stock valve springs. With the installation of the new exhaust parts this should see an increase in power, but as I mention, I'm capping the boost at 16psi with the stock turbo.

Simon @ Nizpro clearly states on his website that Angelo's BF F6 was a freak car and the highest his dyno has measured for stock rwkw figure ... they are usually in the 220kw range!! :fool:

Anyways with a decent (Nizpro) exhaust system your valve spring issues will be instanly resolved :tease:

Remeber stray above 330rwkw and the OEM exhaust is the biggest restrictive factor ....

Cheers

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic