Romulus

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 8d
Hey Jason, have you fitted the Nizpro kit yet?

I've fitted the Cobra inlet manifold and intake, along with the ASE intercooler.

Since post #77, I've had the twin 3" system with twin 3" cats removed from the car and have changed exhaust design. Utilising the stock dump pipe, upgraded actuator, 3.5" single system with 1 3.5" metalcat, Siemens 60lb injectors the car has made 351.1rwkw. Best of all, boost ramps up to a maximum of 16.5psi @ 3750rpm and tapers off to 14.5psi @ peak rpm. Power is limited by the stock valve springs.

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :blink:

For the lay, how is this possible. I can understand if you changed engine internals, but you have not. So how is it that with a more restrictive exhaust and less boost, you can make more power?

Scotty

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 21d

I've fitted the Cobra inlet manifold and intake, along with the ASE intercooler.

Since post #77, I've had the twin 3" system with twin 3" cats removed from the car and have changed exhaust design. Utilising the stock dump pipe, upgraded actuator, 3.5" single system with 1 3.5" metalcat, Siemens 60lb injectors the car has made 351.1rwkw. Best of all, boost ramps up to a maximum of 16.5psi @ 3750rpm and tapers off to 14.5psi @ peak rpm. Power is limited by the stock valve springs.

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :fool:

For the lay, how is this possible. I can understand if you changed engine internals, but you have not. So how is it that with a more restrictive exhaust and less boost, you can make more power?

Scotty

Who says the exhaust or dump pipe is restrictive for the power the car is making? All I said was the single 3.5" is more restrictive than the twin 3" setup, but it flows enough for what I need, and allows good turbo control. Don't be fooled with big dump pipes, truck size cats and so on.

Matching your components goes a long way to getting a good result. Bigger is not always better.

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

I had the car back at APC yesterday to check the cat. As I suspected it has begun to fail, albeit only a minimal problem at this stage. A quick run on the dyno confirmed maximum boost of 14psi in the mid range, tapering off to 13psi at peak rpm. Down by around 2-3 psi across the board.

I reloaded my 95 octane 10psi tune which is my everyday run and ran it up to check the state of the tune. Results as per sheets.

post-5969-1160789325_thumb.jpg

post-5969-1160789350_thumb.jpg

post-5969-1160789385_thumb.jpg

I've seen a spate of cat failures of late, so will be trying a different cat, something noticably bigger. Whilst the cat is being replaced I'm having a 3.5" dump pipe installed. Guess the bigger ones may be better after all, but so is the location of the cat.

Having installed new valve springs last week, and getting the exhaust done next week, I'll be curious to see how much power it produces, but more importantly, see what it manages to run at the 'plex with a new set of MT ET radials. I refuse to run more than 16psi on the stock turbo, so that will be my performance benchmark.

Considering the time it ran on street tyres in it's previous form, I'll be expecting a reasonable result.

• Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :spoton:

Hey M6,

Check Nizpro's website & look @ the customers car section for Angelo's BF F6.

Here you will see a Nizpro tuned BF Typhoon producing a genuine 386 RWKW utilizing STOCK VALVE SPRINGS :fool:

Maybe you should purchase a full Nizpro exhaust the same as this car runs to gain some easy HP & reduce the the back pressure on your exhaust valve springs!

Cheers

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 17d

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :thumbsup:

Hey M6,

Here you will see a Nizpro tuned BF Typhoon producing a genuine 386 RWKW utilizing STOCK VALVE SPRINGS :spoton:

Maybe you should purchase a full Nizpro exhaust the same as this car runs to gain some easy HP & reduce the the back pressure on your exhaust valve springs!

Cheers

im with you on that one 2muchkw I still use the stock springs with 433 rwkw's soon to be 450 ++ , still with stock f6 springs.

Edited by Xtreme F6

• Donating Members

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :tease:

Hey M6,

Here you will see a Nizpro tuned BF Typhoon producing a genuine 386 RWKW utilizing STOCK VALVE SPRINGS :spoton:

Cheers

An interesting point, but I'm sceptical on some of the power figures being quoted. Such as, stock BF F6's making 250odd rwkw. I've never seen one make that much power on a Dyno Dynamics dyno, ever. Perhaps other types of dyno's read higher, hence the higher base and peak figures. What ET and MPH does that F6 run?

The quickest F6 runs 11.6X with 340rwkw, and the owner of that car is of the opinion the factory valve springs are at their limit. With all due respect, who is to argue with someone with the quickest F6, right? What matters is the ET, not the BS power figures made.

I do agree though the exhaust back pressure needs to be reduced, hence the installation of a dump pipe and a bigger cat. What I should have said is power is limited by the exhaust I was using (stock dump pipe), rather than stock valve springs. With the installation of the new exhaust parts this should see an increase in power, but as I mention, I'm capping the boost at 16psi with the stock turbo.

Edited by M6 XR6T

• Donating Members

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :tease:

Hey M6,

Cheers

im with you on that one 2muchkw I still use the stock springs with 433 rwkw's soon to be 450 ++ , still with stock f6 springs.

I'll be curious to see what MPH you run with that much power :spoton:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 17d

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :crybaby:

Hey M6,

Here you will see a Nizpro tuned BF Typhoon producing a genuine 386 RWKW utilizing STOCK VALVE SPRINGS :tease:

Cheers

I'll be curious to see what MPH you run with that much power :pinch:

all things good and well I wont have to use 5th gear anymore, that alone will be worth a couple of tenths and a couple of mph(Not to mention the xtra KW's), should be interesting to see but I have a goal and once IM ready ill try and achieve it.

Edited by Xtreme F6