Just Bought

Romulus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 21d
If it breaks I'll get a stock T56 from a wrecker and it'll be all good... did you have anything done to the 6sp in the white thing?

Other than destroying the 4th gear syncro, the only mod was the clutch upgrade.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 1d

Thought so... they are pretty tough in standard form, for my requirements anyway. Sure it would be nice to have custom ratios and extra bits in a new one from Mal Woods but I reckon a 2nd hand one would be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Intercooler arrived today. Nice, isn't it? :stirthepot:

post-5969-1152103262_thumb.jpg

post-5969-1152103321_thumb.jpg

post-5969-1152103374_thumb.jpg

Had the exhaust changed today as well by APC, as the one on the car was just a little too loud for the boss. Replaced with a twin 3 inch system from the cats back.

Ran it up on the dyno, picked up 2 psi boost across the board, but made the same power. Increased charge pressure is negated by the increase charge temps and timing reduction. No point continually cranking up the boost and reducing the ignition timing, as the end result = same power but rediculously high EGT's.

Will probably have the Cobra kit fitted next week, so I'll be keen to see what kind of power the car will make at different boost levels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 17d

I hope that's an old photo and a 2nd hand cooler because the fins do not look like they are in "new" condition?? MKi cooler too which makes me think it's an old photo.

The cooler is HUGE though!!!! will be mint with the new plenum.

• Donating Members

Dont let the photo's deceive you, the cooler is a newy in good condition. I compared it to a stock unit; the F6 one doesn't look much bigger compared to the replacement one.

The cooler works good with the plenum, car makes around 330-340rwkw. Maximum boost is 16-17psi. Response is much better, and on cool nights the plenum stays very cool.

At first the intake noise was annoying, but I've become accustomed to it and don't notice it anymore.

To savour the performance the car is driven daily running the stock boost settings, and only has the 'wick' turned up every now and then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 11m 24d
Yep, signed up for one last Saturday. The boss made me do it! The manual had to go  :spoton:

It just so happened a Bionic F6 arrived at Centre Ford on Wednesday afternoon, and I made the call on Friday. The colour doesn't phase me, although my preference was for Mercury Silver. However, I'm sure the colour will grow on me.

The missus (boss) came in on Saturday to sign the contract with me, but she saw the GT-P and had her mind set on that. After a couple of hours of negotiating she realised the F6 was the better chioce.

I'll carry over some of the things I had on the XR6T, such as injectors, fuel pump, Harrop springs and Bilstein shocks and my ROH 19" wheels. Lucky me ordered a Nizpro kit a couple of weeks for the XR6T, guess I'll just have to fit it to the F6  :spoton:

I'll be picking it up on Friday  :pinch:

Dare I say "pussy whipped?" :kissmy:

• Donating Members
Hey Jason, have you fitted the Nizpro kit yet?

I've fitted the Cobra inlet manifold and intake, along with the ASE intercooler.

Since post #77, I've had the twin 3" system with twin 3" cats removed from the car and have changed exhaust design. Utilising the stock dump pipe, upgraded actuator, 3.5" single system with 1 3.5" metalcat, Siemens 60lb injectors the car has made 351.1rwkw. Best of all, boost ramps up to a maximum of 16.5psi @ 3750rpm and tapers off to 14.5psi @ peak rpm. Power is limited by the stock valve springs.

Here's some food for thought. The engine is making more power using less boost and running a more restrictive exhaust than what it did with the twin 3" system :spoton: