Just Bought

Romulus

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 21d
3000k's already??

Did u get an ex-demo??

No not ex-demo.

Not quite 3000k's yet, but didn't want to wait until it clocked up 3000k's to get the probs fixed.

Mind you, at the rate the thing is getting driven, I'll be ordered my next one in 12 months time.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members

Bump. Had the new exhaust built yesterday and today. A real quality piece of equipment, as F6 Tornado can confirm. He has a similar system on his car.

The system is a single 3.5" pipe from the factory dump pipe, splits into twin 3", running though two offset 3" cats, reduces to twin 2.5" just before the first muffler, then goes over the axle and feeds through a second muffler. I retained the stock look with a spare BF F6 tip APC had.

The tractive effort is huge, and the car keeps on pulling and pulling. Lucky it has 6 gears :stirthepot:

Power figures as per attached dyno sheets. I also attached a sheet showing the various power levels from stock, to boostup, to Exhaust, Bosch 968's, new Walbro fuel pump and APC custom exhaust. Tuning obviously is done by yours truly.

I had the last of the parts from the Cobra kit arrive today, and the ASE front mount should be ready to send on Monday. I estimate 350 plus rwkw when the Cobra kit is fitted while still retaining the stock dump pipe :spoton:

Either way, anything over 300rwkw in these auto's is a hoot! :3gears:

post-5969-1151058738_thumb.jpg

post-5969-1151058899_thumb.jpg

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 17d

Jason can you please clear something up for me? Did you run the car in different gears or did you not calibrate it for Engine rpm with the original pulls ???? Im only asking cos these cars dont make peak power at 4000 rpm and also the lines dont match up at the begining.... :spoton:

Nice figures but, Arent they a hoot with that much power :stirthepot:

Edited by Xtreme F6

• Donating Members
Jason can you please clear something up for me? Did you run the car in different gears or did you not calibrate it for Engine rpm with the original pulls ???? Im only asking cos these cars dont make peak power at 4000 rpm and also the lines dont match up at the begining....  :spoton:

Nice figures but, Arent they a hoot with that much power  :stirthepot:

Car was run in 3rd, but I didn't have the dyno calibrated for vehicle speed vs. rpm. The speed is out (reading low) by around 10%.

I'll have the dyno calibrated properly for my next runs.

As a point of interest, WOT cannot be applied at less than 3000rpm in the A6's to avoid kickdown. Unfortunately on of the SSS features the A6 didn't carry over from the A4's was the ability to select and hold a gear without getting kickdown at full throttle. This makes it harder to start dyno runs in the F6 auto.

• Member For: 18y 5m 22d
So it doesnt have the same "manual" mode??

I thought it was the same deal where it held whichever gear you selected :mexicanwave:

WOT kickdown was implimented as a safety thing, for if in an emergency u forgot to backdown and were out of the powerband

• Donating Members
So whats the point of having a manual mode if it's still gonna be unpredictable?

:gooff: my manual

Crank up your midrange torque a little more and we'll see how much you love your manual :spoton:

Trans is not unpredicatable if you know how to drive with it :yeahyeah:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 1d

It doesnt really require any know-how... you have a go pedal and a stop pedal... how hard is it?? :spoton:

And I dont care, the gearbox has lasted this long under boost so I think it's doing the right thing. I'll give it some new oil at the next service to keep it happy. If it breaks I'll get a stock T56 from a wrecker and it'll be all good... did you have anything done to the 6sp in the white thing?