Just Bought

Romulus

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 25d
How did Ford treat the oil and driveline problem for a modded car. Are you paying for this to be fixed?????

May I suggest you read the warranty information booklet that comes with the car. It gives a detailed explanation as to what is covered under warranty and what is not.

Cheers mate thanks for that advice, reading as we speak....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 9m 21d
Would really like to know whats getting replaced to resolve your vibration issue as well as the interior trim problem. Is there anything I should look out for?

Cheers

No, there is nothing to look out for. At deliver, take your time and examine the vehicle. Check for obvious things like dings, scratches in the car and the bodywork. Might pay to do this in the light.

There are no inherent problems with these cars. Like all cars, there are the occasional few with a couple of niggling issues. Nothing to worry about.

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
How did Ford treat the oil and driveline problem for a modded car. Are you paying for this to be fixed?????

All the items noted were picked up by the following morning, and were emailed to Ford.

May I suggest you read the warranty information booklet that comes with the car. It gives a detailed explanation as to what is covered under warranty and what is not.

I had no issues with my previous modified 330rwkw MkII XR6T sedan regarding warranty with this dealer.

I've now read the warranty booklet and would know like to know, if possible, what warranty issues did you have fixed on warranty with your previous ride. Nothing too drastic I would imagine if you had 330kw mods.

cheers

Johno

• Donating Members

All the items noted were picked up by the following morning, and were emailed to Ford.

I had no issues with my previous modified 330rwkw MkII XR6T sedan regarding warranty with this dealer.

I've now read the warranty booklet and would know like to know, if possible, what warranty issues did you have fixed on warranty with your previous ride. Nothing too drastic I would imagine if you had 330kw mods.

cheers

Johno

Transmission oil leak, diff oil leak and a rattle under the car. Because the modifications had no effect on the leaks they were covered by warranty.

It would have been a different situation if the engine threw a rod though :hiwelcome:

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members

Transmission oil leak, diff oil leak and a rattle under the car. Because the modifications had no effect on the leaks they were covered by warranty.

It would have been a different situation if the engine threw a rod though :hiwelcome:

Cheers M6, that's would I thought, leaks have f*ck all to do with mods. What about your driveline problem in or F6...sorted?

• Donating Members

Picked the car up this morning after having it in for a couple of days to get a few things sorted out. I'm glad to say everything that was brought to the dealers attention was fixed. They had the car for 2 days and gave me a loaner.

The vibration was caused by a fault cv. Without any hesitation the tailshaft has been replaced, oil leaks from the engine and gearbox fixed, plus a couple of little things have been rectified.

The service from the dealer has been excellent. They even did the 3000k service and oil change free of charge :spoton: Got to be happy with that.

• Donating Members
oil leaks on a brand new car  :spoton:  not good

My thoughts too at first, but hey, no point jumping up and down about it. They dealt with the issues the car had quickly, promptly, without question.

It's this type of service that ensures repeat custom.

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 17d
oil leaks on a brand new car  :spoton:  not good

My thoughts too at first, but hey, no point jumping up and down about it. They dealt with the issues the car had quickly, promptly, without question.

It's this type of service that ensures repeat custom.

very true but not something you want to see, Kinda strange, BA had a rubber seal in the timing cover ect and BF has no seal, its milled differently and just gooped to seal..... hope the leaks arent a thing of the future.