Wsid 17may..very Happy

ford number 1

• Member For: 19y 2m 6d

Great night guys! Always nice to put some names to faces from the forum and see some fellow members getting some good times down the 1/4 mile.

Three things to comment on from last night,

1. Great effort by Ford number1 running a 12.8 with just (Sydney)custom tune and valve springs!

2. Many thanks to F6BF for organising the private lanes (not that I had any real competition turn up :sick::spoton: )

3. Did manage to barely get a PB and another 1.9 60ft on $150 tyres :spoton:

We should try to organise nights like this more often, and I will start by suggesting a date in early August.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EVO 9 SUPPORTER
  • Member For: 21y 6m 25d
I was there as well and broke my 1/4 mile virginity

I managed 3 x 13.4's and then a 13.3 then 2 x 13.2's after some advice from BFF6

The car was flawless and we had heaps of runs, I left after 7 as I wanted a 13.2 and got 2, so I was happy.

I am just abouts to upload some pics.  I als have all 7 runs on video, but this will take longer to Rip into a internet friendly format.

Thanks to all the guys who were there, and a big hello to XRSEX who was running 12.2/12.1 all night in his EVO9.

Thanks Zap. :spoton: It was great seeing you guys there again. Phils car was very impressive with a 12.2. I was stoked when I ran a 12.1@114mph as that's my personal best, still standard though with an exhaust system and an EMS ECU and a electronic boost controller. I have been told today that I am also the fastest EVO9 in Australia and also the fastest EVO with a standard turbo in Australia as well. I am stoked... :sick::spoton:

• EVO 9 SUPPORTER
  • Member For: 21y 6m 25d
It was a top night. Thanks to all the boys there. A big thank you to XRSEX for his advice. got a 13.5 which im pretty happy with seeing its the first time ive taken the beast to the strip. I vote for another organised night soon!.

Your welcome anytime mate. All I have to say is I told you so. :spoton:

Great times for the mods you have. :sick:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 24d
Myself and a few of the boys headed out to the WSID tonight.Last time I ran the best I cld do was a 14.0@101 :blink: Since then ive had valve springs and CRD played with the tune last week.My first 2 runs were 13.15@106 & 107mph.I then had a 1hr 40min gap between runs and did a 12.84@108.5mph.Then had another run 20min later and did a 12.96@108mph..Im stoked at the times and will be calling Jim at Croydon in the morning to let him know.Ill let the other guys post there times but the BFF6's were going very well. :spoton:  :sick:

Well done on getting into the 12's :spoton:

So I take it your faith in your Tuner is restored? Other than valve springs, what did they do to the tune, add boost, is it still running 250rwkw?

I got the valve springs done two weeks ago and called Jim at Croydon to see if they could check it over.I had a couple of issues,idle,auto firmness etc etc.They had the car last thursday and changed a few things but because they were getting some cars ready for Drag Combat including the 200sx which they want to break their own world record Jim cldnt spend alot of time with the car.I picked the car up Saturday lunch after they checked on dyno.The tune has alot more torque and boost comes on harder and earlier.It only makes 5rwkw more but holds 250rwkw from 150kmh to around 180kmh whr the old tune made 245 at 150and dropped down to 230 by 165kmh. :blush::unsure:

• Member For: 18y 6m 9d

hey guys,

this is an mpeg from the WSID 17 of may. myself, faygun and bas54m were there as spectators.

let us know what you think. there are more recordings if you guys want..

Edited by RIC21T

• Member For: 21y 3m 12d
You didn't happen to get my 12.2 run did you?

yep we got the 12.2 run and the 12.4 run. :spoton:

all the footage is on RIC21T's camera. I ll ask him to post up the other ones.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 9d

Thanks guys, I am glad someone had video of my car and F6BF's cars side by side.

I have just finnished editing the incar video, but its 20meg.

I am going to try to cut it down.