Dba 4000 Rotors

Cro

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d

I'd definitely get the slotted rotors for their additional cooling abilities, etc - the fact that they also look so much better is an added bonus!

As for pads, I think any performance pad is going to be pretty dusty - just the price you pay for improved braking performance. I have the 'standard' pads supplied by PBR with their 'premium' brake kit and they're dusty as hell too.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 6m 1d

hello all im geting new rotors and have been oftered cross drilled rotors for the same price as just slotted for street use only should I take them .....will they crack and do they work just as good as the slotted ones besides looking better or am I best just sticking with the slotted only ones

cheers trev

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 16d

Slotted or the sh*tty holes will get cracks around them.

Dba drill the holes after the disc is made, whereas Brembo for instance have the holes in the moulding process so are heat treated etc properly.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

The metallurgy of the discs is now of a good enough quality that drilled rotors are no longer required. Even the V8 supercars no longer use drilled rotors. Cars that use drilled rotors only do so for the look.

I.B.

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m 21d
:innocent: but if you're gonna get DBA get the 5000 series

Won't fit on BA's/BF standard brakes. I wanted to get them as well but race brakes sydney said won't work.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d
The metallurgy of the discs is now of a good enough quality that drilled rotors are no longer required. Even the V8 supercars no longer use drilled rotors. Cars that use drilled rotors only do so for the look.

I.B.

But if you get the drilled you risk cracking between the holes whereas the slotted wont crack and will do a better job. For the street, the DBA 4000 slotted are an excellent choice that many on here have done. Next you will have pad choice.

I.B.

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 10m 21d
Won't fit on BA's/BF standard brakes. I wanted to get them as well but race brakes sydney said won't work.

I should clarify that is for the T's brakes. The 5000's are fine for typhoons.